Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use a Powermate Bluetooth as a tuning knob?

I tried to configure it but I'm really lost as to how to configure a custom MIDI device. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon...kf2e

Answers

• Barry, WD4ASW
    Barry, WD4ASW Member ✭✭
    Jon:

My understanding is that the Powermate Bluetooth is not supported with SSDR for Mac. I had corresponded with Marcus last weekend about this given that I purchased one for use with SSDR for iOS and he confirmed that he didn't include it in the Midi configuration. He noted that Griffin no longer sells the unit. Given that they are not readily available, I can understand his decision not to focus on it.

That said, I found out today that the new version of SSDR for Mac (v1.3.5) now has support for Flex Control. I subsequently downloaded/installed the new update and I can now use Flex Control for changing frequencies just as I had planned to do with the Griffin Powermate Bluetooth. That said, it appears that Marcus still has some 'tweaks' to do to provide full functionality of Flex Control, and so not having Powermate Bluetooth is offset by using Flex Control.

Barry, WD4ASW
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

That’s too bad - I also have the Bluetooth knob for iOS, and would have been very happy to use it with the Mac

Ted VE3TRQ

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭

Maybe we should email Marcus and request it? If enough people ask maybe he will add it. I doubt it would be much work.

Jon...kf2e

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Jon_KF2E In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.