Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR for Mac Update Notification Issue

Since installing SSDR for Mac last weekend, I've noticed that I'm not receiving notifications of updates. Today, I happened to stumble across the current version when I connected to the SSDR for Mac manual website and saw the reference to 1.3.5. I then when to App Store-> Updates and there were no updates listed. I then went to the App Store, searched for SSDR for Mac and got the 'open' icon. Instead, I selected the description of the app and that opened a new page. There I found an 'update' icon which I selected and the update downloaded.

I then went back to App Store-> Updates to see if the new update was registered as having been completed and it wasn't listed. There were other completed updates listed, both from Apple (Pages, Numbers, etc.) and 3rd Party (WiFi Explorer Lite)

So is there a configuration issue on my end that is preventing the system from recognizing 1) an update is available, and 2) the update has been installed?

At this point the 'system' seems to acting as if SSDR for Mac isn't installed with regarding to updating.

Lastly, would it be appropriate for SSDR for Mac to check for updates automatically when opening the program? Many 3rd party apps do this.

Thanks,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
(Currently in Boston/Roslindale, MA)

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

It does seem to check on re-launch. I've been greeted by a pop-up when a new version hits.

• Barry, WD4ASW
    Barry, WD4ASW Member ✭✭
    George:

Interesting that you were greeted by a pop-up as I've never received one. The update was apparently made available two days ago (Friday). I had used SSDR for Mac on Friday, Saturday and today (opening/closing each time on Friday and Saturday) and never received an alert. It was only when I went looking for it and 'forced' an update that I was able get it installed.

In your Mac, does App Store -> Updates show the resulting update has been installed? My understanding is that apps that are sourced from the App Store and subsequently updated are supposed to show under 'updates' the date that the update was installed. However, as noted earlier that isn't the case with my installation.

Thanks,
    Barry
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Hi Barry,

Yes, I can see the update history in the App Store. I'm running Catalina, if that helps.