Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Configuring Flex Control in SmartSDR for Mac

Bill
Bill Member ✭✭

Really excited to get version SmartSDR for Mac v1.3.5 today with its addition of FlexControl support. I am a longtime FlexControl user.

But I cannot get it to work.

Marcus has added a very brief addition to the documentation regarding FlexControl, but there is no glossary of what the various codes mean, nor how to configure the single press, double press, or long hold.

I have been unable to configure any functions with several tries, even though my FlexControl control settings screen shows I am connected, and I have tried a variety of configurations without success.

Suspect there is a simple solution once you know what to do.

Does anyone have a little more detailed information on how to configure the FlexControl on the Mac, and what setting would appear to be the most useful?

Thanks!

Bill

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Bill

I had the same issue, then noted the comment to refer to the MIDI section for instructions for mapping the keys.

In summary, after you are connected to the Flex Control;

1) open the "Edit Mapping"

2) "+" to add a map: select control, button, or LED

3) operate the control or button you want to map, you will now see its code appear on the edit page

4) map as desired.

5) to map a LED, use 1,2,or 3, for each LED

Alan WA9WUD

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Don't expect all functionality to work straight away - Marcus is no doubt busily coding. The "double" and "long" tap modes don't seem to be fully implemented yet.

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Alan and George,

Thank you both for your responses. With Alan's directions I have some modest functionality on the main wheel to adjust frequency and with the buttons. But don't know how to adjust the steps on the frequency adjustment of the wheel, or even if you can.

George, I think you are on target, and I am patient. Marcus has done yeoman's work bringing us longtime Mac users into the FlexRadio fold at last.

I have no complaints, and suspect he will be smoothing out the wrinkles in the coming weeks as well as clarifying and enhancing the documentation a bit. The FlexControl needs work both in functionality and documentation.

Likewise the log is serviceable, but needs increased functionality such as links to LOTW, ability to select more than one entry for deletion in the event of duplicates, and alerts for a variety of the functions. A useful addition would be an automated search of QRZHamRadio or one of the others with display of the photo and enriched information for the log which requires a manual search at present.

But I am a happy camper on my Mac, and looking forward to Marcus' continuing output of updates and the polishing of a great product.

73s,

Bill

KK4C

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Bill

You adjust the "Step" size for each slice:

Alan. WA9WUD

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Got it! Did not realize that this control would control the FlexControl also.

Thanks, Alan...

73s

Bill

KK4C

• Terry Wilkin
    Terry Wilkin Member ✭✭

I have read the comments but I cannot program my Flex control wheel to change the frequency on slice B when I am running split. The wheel is perfect on slice A but nothing on Slice B.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks

Terry