Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Profiles Disappearing

Options
David_NK5G
David_NK5G Member ✭✭
Hey there, I saw a similar post and what was suggested did not help.
I am finding that the transmit profiles I create seem to disappear after powering down the Flex. All that remains are the default that came within the software.

Global Profiles are fine.

So, Am I missing a set or something?

TU

Best Answer

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

This problem can be a result of running your radio on one of the earlier versions of SmartSDR that was responsible for SD card corruption. Using one of the latest versions, v2.4.10, v2.6.2 or v3.1.12 will prevent future SD card corruption, but they cannot fix existing corruption. You may need an SD card replacement and once you have it installed, NEVER run a version of SmartSDR less than v2.6.2 (with the only exception being v2.4.10) or v3.1.12.

If you feel this is something you need, please open a HelpDesk support ticket.

Answers

• Francesco Doenz
    Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You are not alone....but this does'nt help...
  • David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options

Actually that helps. At least I know it's not something I am doing incorrectly and maybe something in the software. TU
  • NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Irritating!!!!!

Tom

NA7AA

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim,

That's the first time I've seen that suggested.

Been trying to figure out what i may be doing wrong.

Running 3.1.12 6600

Under transmit I have checked TX1 TX2 and TX3 all the way down on every band yet when I boot up whatever band I am on will have all three unchecked.

Another anomaly is the power setting for each band does not work/behave as it should. I ended up setting the max power out for the radio to keep from hurting my amp fortunately max power out is a constant that works.

Is it possibly a corrupt SD card doing all of that? If so I will open a ticket.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2020
    Options

So let me explain a little bit about how the TX profiles work. When you set the TX Band Settings, it is not a global setting but is TX profile specific. The name of the TX profile is listed in the top left hand corner of the TX Band settings form. So make sure that you have the correct TX profile loaded.

if you verify that you are using the same TX profile all the time and he settings are net being retained (which is different than the values changing), then you may need an SD card replacement.

• David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well @Tim - W4TME I have discovered that the band boxes for TX1 TX2 and TX3 work fine until I start DDUtil. The strange thing is that the ONLY two things I have turned on in DDUtil are under the Ports Tab I have RCP1 set to COM17 and CWS set to COM19. This causes CW Skimmer to start up automatically when I switch to CW mode.

I use DDUtil for nothing else.

Unless someone out here has an idea what the interaction is between SSDR and DDUtil I suppose I need to ask K5FR.

• Kjell Erik Haug
    Options

Hi this is not something we make mistakes, I have now bought a new flex 6400M a month ago and it loses everything I store when I shut off the radio.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you leave the power on for a while after you power down the radio?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.