Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Very distorted recorded playback audio

N8SDR
N8SDR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

When playing back recorded audio it is extremely distorted, noticed this with a couple other users as well, on both the M models when running SmartSDR or from Radio, and on the Non-M models.

On both newest releases of SmartSDR the 2.9.X and 3. containing the SD card patch. While it does not seem to be as distorted and broken sounding when done from the radio as compared to when done from SmartSDR it is awfully bad.

Reboots of both computer and or radio do not resolve the problem, and if your listening locally it sounds fine, but over the air playback is extremely poor.

Nothing like when has been recorded. Uninstalling and re installing DAX driver’s dose not resolve issue either.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I’ve had a few people have success by resetting the persistence database. Follow these steps exactly. https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200831185-How-to-Reset-the-Persistence-Database-for-a-FLEX-6000 Dave wo2x
  • I had this problem and found that DAX was turned on by autosave and when switched off the playback was OK.
    In a more recent case I had audio distortion on playback and complete power down and radio power on reset solved the problem.
    I also notice VOX only responds to playback of others I record, but not to local record. If I record myself and someone on the radio and then playback the conversation, with VOX enabled, only the other persons voice will be transmitted.
  • dudu
    dudu Member
    Flex-6400, and Smart SDR 3.3.33 and other previous ones the problem is the same.

When playing back recorded audio it is extremely distorted. The transmission volume is too high.

Reboots of both computer and or radio do not resolve the problem, and if your listening locally it sounds fine, but over the air playback is extremely poor.

On other computers the same happens, even the software installed for the 1st time.

Nothing like when has been recorded. Uninstalling and re installing DAX driver’s dose not resolve issue either.

I already opened a ticket
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭

DuDu, did you ever get your problem fixed?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.