Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using Bose 301 Series IV

W0GEN
W0GEN Member ✭✭

I have a Bose 301 Series IV single speaker that I always used for my Elecraft K3S and absolutly loved the audio. Is there any advice for me to connect this via the external powered speaker output.

I have seen some old discussion that mentions using a 10K Resistor on each leg to convert to mono.

I am inclined to purchase a low cost amplifier and drive the amp with stereo, and then output as mono to this speaker. OR

I do use a windows PC and do use the PC powered speakers via SmartSDR. Maybe I should just hook this speaker to my PC?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭

Since the radio has a stereo output, and there are times, particularly on CW, the binaural mode comes in handy , and useful in contests, milti band monitoring , one frequency on left and one right... You may want to purchase another speaker, use a surplus stereo or purchase a small car amp.. Stereo audio can be rather useful. Just a thought.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

I am moving this post to the Station Integration category since it is not directly related to the radio hardware.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I bought a pair of Creative Inspire T10 speakers for a little over $40. They are amplified and even with 500 W on a low doublet, they do not experience any RFI. They also do not generate any RFI that I can detect. They sound great and have plenty of volume, yet take up very little space in my shack. They work so well that I take them when I operate out of my 5th wheel camper.

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.