Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Screen layout for SDR/Mac

I have just bought the new Mac software. Every time I start the program I have to rearrange the elements as they always seem to start at the default point.

Is there any way to save the screen layout?

The program seems to work well but it will take some getting used to.

73 Gordon, ve7on

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2020

There will be a software push later today once the App store publishes it that should address several items reported over the weekend. Try that first and let us know if the problems still exist.

• n6wm
    n6wm Member, Unconfirmed
    Marcus is being very responsive.. had a couple crashes also.. spot feature may be cause but not sure...
  • Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭

Basil

I have ran the software on 2 different Mac's with no problems at all.

Hope you figure it out soon.

73 Gordon, ve7on

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    I will have to try it on my older Mac Laptop. This iMac is less than a year old and I can't get the Mac SDR software to run more than 10-15 minutes without crashing. I can run DogParkSDR all day will no issues so maybe just an issue with using an iMac? Gordon, what type of Mac are you running?
  • Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭

K4qxx

I have an older Mac mini and an Imac with an 8 core I9. No problems with either one.

73 Gordon, ve7on

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Thanks. I am running a late 2019 iMac 27" 5K i9. I am wondering if it is the 5K screen as I have been running it full screen and now I am running it in a window only taking up half the screen and it hasn't crashed yet. I am having other issues but I will post that in another topic. Updating my 2015 MacBook Pro right now and I'll see how that goes.
  • Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭

k4qxx

Mine is also a 2019 5K. I have not tried full screen, only in a window so that could well be the problem.

73, Gordon

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Running well on Mac mini (2018) with 6-Core i5 and 32 GB RAM, two monitors. There is a lot going on in the app, so try reducing the panadapter size and rate then increasing the averaging value - both lessen the load on video resources, and might help.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    My iMac is only a year old. Has an 8 core i9, 128GB ram and a Radeon Pro 580x graphics card and just the built in 27" 5K display (one monitor). I don't think it's a resource problem. My CPU is running at 5% right now with a bunch of stuff open and running SmartSDR.

One thing I tried was to launch the software in "low res mode". So far it's been running OK for almost an hour on full screen. It seems to not like my graphics card or the retina mode. Really a bummer as I spent 4K on this iMac last year and in low res mode, the graphics aren't nearly as crisp. At least it's not crashing now.

If I run it in normal mode (not low res mode) it seems to work if I keep the window small (less than half the size of the screen). So it definitely seems graphics related.