Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Kudos to Flex and Tim

N5NHJ
N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
I hade a very strange issue with SmartCAT, I wasn't able to create more than 5 virtual serial ports. After trying the usual solutions I eventually opened a ticket with Flex. Tim logged remotely to my computer and fixed a Drivers/Windows related issue.

I've been in the IT industry for 30+ years, I want to say that it is not common to receive that level of service.

Everything can be improved, I must admit that I wasn't a big fan of some Flex products, but the most I use my 6400 the most I like it. The 6000 signature series radios along with SmartSDR, are a very complex project, playing in a very demanding market, supported by a first class customer service.

Thank you Tim.

Max

Comments

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Amazing to receive this level of support for out of warranty equipment as well. One of the reasons I subscribe to SSDR upgrades.
  • Volkert Meyer
    Volkert Meyer Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Max,
    I've been stuck with the same problem for a few days.
    PC with win7 Prof. Flexradio 6300 SmartSDR v. 3.1.8.
    All hidden and all unused com pots were deleted with the ARBITER program.
    Even after restarting the PC, no further ports can be set up.
    If possible, please send me a note on troubleshooting.
    vy73 de volkert
    dl6be

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, would you like to jump in and help Volker? 
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have exactly the same problem and so far tech support has not been able to fix it. It would sure help to get some details on what was done to correct the problem. 73 Bill K5WAF
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I agree, it is up to Tim to share the technical details of what he did.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.