Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio problems after powering off over night.

N8AUM
N8AUM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Networking
I leave both my 5K and 6600 stay on 24/7. I was rearranging shack and powered everything off over night including the PS. when I powered up my 6600 I noticed that the preamp would work with ONLY 1 slice at any given time and when I turned on preamp on 2nd slice all it does is raise the noise floor 10db or more but no signals, not even with a -73dbm signal from my HP sig gen. Couple days later ANT 2 became TOTALLY deaf ! EVERYTHING was working before I powered off radio over night.
And yes, I performed the factory reset at least 10 times!

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    After your 6600 radio is powered down, and appears to be OFF, it is NOT OFF!!! You need to wait another 30 seconds BEFORE you remove DC power, if that is not the way you did it.. Upon re-boot the radio acts strange as it did not power down correctly!! 

Good Luck!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi

If a database reset did not resolve your issues, I would suggest opening a support case.

Mike

• N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes Robert I am well aware of the procedure. I remove the power pole connected to radio and that is starting to wear out. TNX 4 ur reply

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.