Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL feature request

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Currently PGXL shows Power on the scale and numerical value, Peak current on the scale and numerical value.
Please do the same for SWR.
Currently SWR shown on the scale only, not numeric value.
I understand there is no filed for the number when SWR is low, please consider to add a numerical value on SWR above 1.3 or so.

Here is a proposal in below image.
First image is a current one.
Second image is a proposed one.
Sergey, KN7K

Comments

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Great idea, please also consider adding the same capability to access remotely that exists in the 2x8 antenna switch application for those of us who have to operate remotely.
      Watts
      K4QJZ
  • Dragisa Boca
    Dragisa Boca Member
    edited June 2020
    @Sergey That's a good idea, I'll make sure to forward it to the developers.
    @Watts I've only recently learned this is not already implemented, I'm pushing to have this done asap.

Dragisa 4O9ITT
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thank you Dragisa.
    Here is another question/idea.

Depends how is PGXL SWR bridge/Power meter built in PGXL, is there any possibility to show Power and SWR values on PGXL Utility when PGXL on Standby?
    This way PGXL Utility can be used as accurate Power and SWR Meter for the radio.

Sergey, KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    And Thank you to 4O3A team, it seems like SWR numerical value is going to be implemented in the next version.
    Very quick and efficient work!

Sergey, KN7K

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sergey,
    Good idea.  I suggested this to the Flex personnel at last year's SeaPac convention here in Oregon.
    My other amp is an SPE Expert 2K and its utility program continues to meter even when the amp is in standby.  Very valuable when I am using TeamViewer to remote and can only see one of my screens at a time. (see photo)

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see the power output working with SSDR in the radio panel's. At my station it only works on tune but registered NOTHING on ssb. It is worthless and even on the amp display itself doesn't show PEP correctly is way-way low. This needs to be addressed even the analog meters in my Palstar tuner reads correct and of course my LP700 but surely if the analog meter in the Palstar catches the correct PEP our $7000.00 PGXL can be made to work.
  • Dragisa Boca
    Dragisa Boca Member
    edited June 2020
    @Sergey Roger that, I documented your idea for an internal discussion.
    @Doug Thank you for your input, I'll make sure to report this as well and get back to you. 
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Anyone else think "PGXL auto standby" if you don't transmit for a while would be a good feature?

When PGXL is local the fan is loud and you won't forget to turn it off. When it's remote, your only  reminder is highlighted text in the SSDR frame.

I'd suggest 30 minute default, configurable duration and option to disable the feature. Feature could be native to the amp OR in SSDR/Maestro software
  • Dragisa Boca
    Dragisa Boca Member
    edited June 2020
    @Asher That makes sense to me. Maybe even allow for setting the time by the user just like on computers? 
    Either way I'm adding this as a request right away.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks! If the feature is configured in the PGXL Utility, makes SmartLink or routable access between the utility and the amp even more important.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.