Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

spe amp 1.3k

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
Ok.  My amp, the SPE1.3K  came on just like normal this morning for my net.  No problems.  Turned the flex on and the amp did not come on like it normally does.  i.e. when I power up the flex, the amp comes on.  Switch is on in the back of the amp?  Ant suggestions.

Answers

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If you have one of the connection cables built by ExpertLinears there is a dip switch on the amp connector that can be used to let the amp come on when you turn on the radio or not. If so, could it have been bumped into the off position? 
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    will look at that in the morning with fresh eyes.  Thanks
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Morning Rick.  Sent the amp back to SPE in Tx for repair.  The power supply was out.  replaced no charge, but have to pay return shipping.  I am ok with that. 

I set the power levels in the SPE back to where they were before.  10 watts on low, 12 watts on med, and 14 watts on high.  The amp kicked out and said I was over driving.    I now have them at 8, 10, and 12 respectfully.  It does not kick out as bad but I have to be about a foot from the mike.   Mic gain is at 40.  I do run the processor on DX.  Going to run it that way for a while to see if that's the problem.  Thought or suggestions are welcome.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I also have the Expert 1.3 and I'm not experiencing that kind of behavior.  I'm sure you have double checked your antenna connectors at the amp and any jumpers.  I have found that loose connectors can cause this issue.  It sounds like an RF issue in the shack...what type of antenna are you using?  I feel your pain with this type of issue...
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yeah.  I have checked everything that my old brain can think of.   Ant is a single band 40 meter dipole.  SWR 1.4.  no evidence of RF in the shack.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭

Update . it was the drive power. I am using 5 watts on the low setting on the amp and getting 500 watts out. On mid it's 6 watts and get 850 -950 out. Have not used the high setting as All ,I need is the mid one.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.