Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to run FT8 and USB on two slices on SAME BAND?

Joel N9LQ
Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
I am running ver 2.6.2.  I am trying to set up Slice A for FT8, and Slice B for SSB, with both slices on the same band.  They both need to share the same antenna.  Full duplex is turned off.  My problem is the MIC profile for FT8 needs to be different than the profile for SSB.  I can not figure out how to get the MIC profile to be associated with the slice.  If I save the profile with the correct MIC profile for Slice A, it applies the same MIC profile for Slice B.  If I save a different MIC profile for Slice B, it then applies it to Slice A.  Does anyone know how to do this, or perhaps this is not possible with 2.6.2?  Thanks! Joel

Answers

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    There is no mike profile for the FT8 slice.  You set it to DIGU and  no equalization is applied.  The only consideration is the SSB slice.  
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes Bob, turn on DAX for Slice A, Mic profile for SSB on slice B. Turn on the TX function on each slice to make the settings for each.
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the replies.  I have it working now.  Somehow my FT8 slice got switched from DIGU to USB.  Operator error strikes again!  73.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.