Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro toggle Speaker Headfones

Toffy
Toffy Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Hi all,
I am lissening 50/50 speaker and headphone.
It is not good for the headphone jack always pull the plug out and plug it in again. It is a bit fiddly to find the socket at the back.
I would like a point in the menu to switch from speaker to headphone or both, as others do (Elecraft).
Maybe it can be done with software?
Thanks Tof DJ6ZM

Comments

• Neil Friedman
    Neil Friedman Member
    edited June 2020
    Hans - I do not have a Maestro, but I understand that the front panel of my 6600M is similar, at least in many respects.  The Audio tab of the main menu allows me to mute/unmute the front speaker and/or the headphones with a touch.  Does not the Maestro menu allow you to do the same?
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Neil:

I was thinking of the same thing, however, I found that when you plug the head phones into the Maestro, it's front speaker is muted. 

One work around is plug the headphones into the 'Powered Speaker " jack, but there isn't enough power at that port to drive the head phones.  If one were to add a small audio power amp or computer speakers to buffer to the Maestro's Powered Speaker port, that would come close to solving Hans's problem. 

I use the Maestro as a control and take the audio direct from the radio, however, this is not an option when the Maestro is remote from the radio.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Neil Friedman
    Neil Friedman Member
    edited June 2020
    Gayle -- When I mute the headphones and enable the front speaker in the Audio tab, the speaker works fine, even with the headphones plugged in.  Again, I have the 6600M, not the Maestro.  
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This looks like a difference between the Maestro and M models. As Gayle mentioned, on Maestro, plugging into the 'phones' jack mutes the internal speaker.

• Neil Friedman
    Neil Friedman Member
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see Flex issue a list of the differences between the Maestro and the 6400M/6600M front panels.  
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I should have said plug the phones into the Maestro and use the powered speaker output to dive the computer speakers for the speaker function.

I assume that Flex is using the tablet audio amp to power the Maestro front speaker.  The phones would double terminate the amp and may cause failures to that amp thus the reason for the speaker  disconnect. 

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.