Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 + Yaesu VL-1000 with VP-1000

I've seen some previous post regarding this matter, but they are couple of years old and I wanted to get a more current answer, so I'm posting this. I've received a VL-1000 with the VP-1000 from my brother that I want to use with my Flex 6300.

I had a Band data cable made (for Port #1) and its on it's way, but as I operate mostly remote I want to know if any of you have found a way to toggle "Operate" on/off remotely, with a software or another cable/hardware and preferably more amp info.

I can work with FRStacks (which I use now to pass info to my Palstar HF Auto and my Green Heron Select 8) and with DDUTIL if needed. 

Thanks in advance

73, Santiago 
HI8SMX

Best Answer

Answers

• Chuck White
    Chuck White Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If memory serves, I believe DDUTIL provides that function by toggling the TX Output of the Flex on/off. Doesn't actually change the amplifier, but the net effect is the same.

Chuck
    AI4WU
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Chuck. Will check on that. As long as it prevents the amplifier from transmitting when I don't want to it could work.

73, Santiago
    HI8SMX
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks. 
  • Finally I got the time to get the Quadra working with my Flex 6300, but I’m having an issue I want to run thru the mastermind of this community.

Quadra is connected to my 6300 with a Band Data Cable (on Band Data 1). I checked the amp with FM/CW and it does 700-800 W easily with 25W from the Flex, same in FT8 (which I don’t plan to use the amp with FT8 but wanted to test just in case). But -here’s the catch- when I go to either USB or LSB I get nothing from the amp, with 25w and even with 50W and up to 75W.

Am I missing something?

Bonus question: anyone using DDUTIL to monitor Quadra and using the Standby/operate from DDUtil?

73, Santiago

HI8SMX

• Hi Bill. The Mic is connected to the radio front and using the Heil foot pedal for ptt. I beleive I have the proper mic selected. But it seems there is an issue with my mic config or set up.

Nonetheless I will run later today some processes recommended by Yaesu on their manual (Drive Power check and ALC Alignment) to disregard those too.

Santiago

• Happy to say that I fiex the problem. As Bill mentioned it was a microphone issue at SmartSDR. OnceI changed mic profile the amp is now working nicely on all bands and modes.

Thanks and 73

Santiago, HI8SMX

• Good morning folks. Suddenly I'm getting a strange behavior from my Flex 6300 and Quadra Amp. It was working fine in both SSB and (tested but not used on) FT8 but from one day to the other it's not working anymore, the radio does the PTT and transmit with the 40w but amp is not sending power. The amp is also doing the PTT and it gets into Transmit but no power is going out.

I've tried several mics on SmartSDR and get nothing.

I have a 6300, Quadra Amp, Shure SM58 mic, with the Heil Foot Switch. USB cable going from radio to amp seems to be working fine, as both are going into TX.

The first time around it was a mic issue, but can't find the solution anymore.

73, Santiago

HI8O (former HI8SMX)

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

Are you using microphone directly into the radio? Do you see modulation on Level and Compression meters?

If using FT8 or other computer digital or wav files, is you DAX blue light on and displaying in the DAX Control Panel TX Streaming?

I have a Flex6600 with VL-1000 also for last 3 years, no issues using all modes.

73, Bill

NE1B

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭

Santiago,

I had a similar thing happen to my setup on a 6600m with my Quadra amp. It turned out to be the “Transmit setting” file had somehow got corrupt, it had lost the check mark in the TX1 box.

After correcting that it all worked fine.

This may not be what yours is caused by but it could be, good luck.

Paul

KR5OG

• Thanks

Bill, yes Dax is on when I tried on FT8. Mic is connected to the Flex and it modulates perfectly, sends a carrier and it even sends out the 40w I had set up for exciting the amp.

Paul, I did verified Tx Settings, but to be sure I'll check again.

Will keep you posted.

Santiago

• It's now official. Something happened to my VL1000 which is not putting out power. Been trying with my 6300 and radio is keying amp of (goes into transmit) and amp is following radio frequency fine. It just does not is transmitting any power. Checked Tx Settings, Mic combinations and nothing seems to make it work.

Lastly, tried the amp with my backup radio, a Yaesu 991, with the same results, no power.

So definitely there is an issue with the amp.

73, Santiago

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.