Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Winkey is not synchronized between F-key and Paddle

Uwe - DK3WW
Uwe - DK3WW Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My problem is the lack of synchronization of paddle usage (direct connected in F6600) and the function key operation ( N1MM+ actual version). When I tap the paddle, an ongoing CW output via F-keys should actually be interrupted immediately. However, that does not happen. Winkey is controlled from two sources at the same time and a PTT hanger is generated.
Smartsdr (3.1.12) uses an old Winkey emulation (V10). The current Winkey version is V31. I have now reconnected my external Winkeyer again and assigned the Com-Port and see there it works without problems.
Actually I wanted to minimize my cable mess by switching to Flexradio but...

Is there a solution that I can implement myself? If this is a bug, it should be fixed.

73! and cu in the WPX-CW
Uwe - DK3WW

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I dont think its a bug so to speak.. but I will validate this and if I duplicate will suggest a feature request to the team.  Winkey emulation is a great feature with a few shortcomings, but its presence is certainly a great advantage of the platform.  particularly in a pinch or for minimalist cabling scenarios.
  • Uwe - DK3WW
    Uwe - DK3WW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thank you for your prompt reply. I hope you can solve the problem and possibly implement the current winkey version.
    Greetings and cu in WPX

Uwe - DK3WW
  • Uwe - DK3WW
    Uwe - DK3WW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I found out that is a "known" issue, when you use the paddel to send some extra chars this may confuse the radio, not knowing who is sending. I found tapping on the paddle or sending a char on the N1MM CW keyboard would "release" the transmitter... This always leads to unnecessary repetition questions in a contest.
    That means the internal winkey isn't working properly. Too bad that nothing has been done for cw for a long time.
    73! Uwe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.