Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile Management Suggestion

Glenn Depp
Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
For those of us with many profiles containing slice info for frequencies I think it would be a new valuable inclusion to be able to sort those into groups.  Kind of like folder management.  Being able to make a folder in the Profile Manager so someone can quickly locate the profile they are looking for would be a nice to have addition.  I have many profiles, some include 1, 2, 3, or 4 slices to be open.  I use multiple slices periodically in SmartSDR, but I also need to have 3 or less so I am able to utilize my Maestro as well.  Just believe being able to group profiles into something like folders would be helpful.
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have over fifty profiles. When I make a new one I start with the band :eg "20M_ssb" or say "40M_ft8". As result they automatically are put in order. You might try that until your wish comes true.
    VE3DZP
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Another, more flexible option is just to make your own group and prefix each name with that group.  For example A - Day Phone, A- Day CW, B- Night Digital, etc.  These will sort together into "groups"
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I had posted this over on the FB Flex Enthusiasts site but for got to post here. 
    I'm with you on a need for a more robust Profile management tool. I understand it's being worked on.

Profiles seem to be the established method to get the proper settings configured for each Band/Mode you change to without having to reset several parameters each tome you change bands/mode. With ALL the various bands, modes, power requirements, mic's, contesting setups, equipment variations, etc, etc, etc, you can see why something is needed. These combinations can cause a really long list of selections to accumulate.

Rather than have a separate menu item that you need to select and then search through this potentially long list of selections; perhaps as you rollover a "band button" with your mouse, a pop-up  menu with a short list of the appropriate modes listed would appear. This may be a better selection process.

You can still have the profiles menu to create your profiles to select from, but a modified selection process might be easier and quicker.

Also, the profiles menu needs to be in a directory format with renaming, sorting and/or collapsing capability.

If this Profiles Auto-save feature is going to persist, and I'm forced to create Default (or Golden) profiles, then I'd like to see a way to hide them until needed. or just use a RESET button to restore the last used profile to it's default.
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I do already have an order to how I label each profile.  It does "help" to keep them organized but I too have a long list as I do not only use radio for Amateur Use.
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Groups dont help the long listing we generate over time.  Just make an organization of a long list.
  • Has Flex commented if this is being considered or in the works? I have come to rely on profiles but as others have commented, the list is very long. Yes, you can begin each name with a band number but that still results in a VERY long list. It really would be nice to have folders labeled with the band or application. That would neaten things up and speed up selections. Jim KD1I

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.