Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I upgraded software, and now I have no transmit audio. Can anybody help me?

Tim KG8OC
Tim KG8OC Member
edited May 2020 in Maestro
I upgraded software, and now I have no transmit audio. Can anybody help me? When the mic is keyed, it shows I'm in transmit mode, but have no audio. Also when I hit the tuner, and doesn't show anything on the meter. I'm not sure what's going on. I have a Flex 6400, with a Maestro. I'm not using PC software.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hi Tim. As part of the upgrade process, did you shut off the Flex, then remove power? This is an often missed step. 73, Len, KD0RC
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    I just did that to make sure, and the problem is still there.I'm on the latest of version 2.
  • Steven Linley
    Steven Linley Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I reason I Flex won't transmit is if its tuned outside the ham bands.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Nope, I'm on 160m now listening to a QSO, But mine still has no audio. It will transmit, just no audio.

• Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Even when I hit the tuner, it's like no audio to even tune.Nothing shows up on the SWR meter.

• Ross Lambert
    Ross Lambert Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Is your DAX button ( underneath +ACC )  on?  
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    DAX button on the Maestro? I don't see one of those.  
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    So, really no RF. Can you check your TX band settings? Could be RF and Tune pwr at zero or PTT inhibit set. Also check RF Power and Tune Power sliders to be sure they are not zero. Len
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Do a factory reset, not just a power off. save you profiles first.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    OK, so all that obvious stuff is not it...  I know you are using a Maestro, not a computer, but I wonder if you can try SmartSDR on a computer to see if the problem is with the radio or with the Maestro.  Also, it the mic plugged in to the Maestro or the back of the radio?
    Len
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Mic is plugged into the Maestro. I had issue with that when I first purchased the radio they had to send me a different hand mic to work with Maestro. But, it was working great until the upgrade.

• Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    I do have a mic that plugs into the back of the radio, and I tried that with no audio either. It does key the radio, but no audio just like the Maestro mic.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    I do have a windows machine here, but have no mic connected to it.

• KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    It sounds like it is not the audio, but rather the RF, since it won't produce RF when hitting the Tune button.  Have you taken Bill's suggestion to do a factory reset?  You need to export all your profiles to be sure you can re-import them after the reset.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Is there a way to do a hard reset. just like if I received it new? Then try to setup everything again?
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    How do I do a factory reset?
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The mic profile is selecting a particular mic Jack, like mic 2. Make sure mic is plugged into the right Jack. Check your mic profile (press the mic gain knob, you select a different jack and/ or mic profile) and the mic Jack in back.
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    Press and hold the power button on the radio (it will turn white to indicate a reset).  I don't think there is a corresponding function on the Maestro itself.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    One of the pictures above shows I'm on Maestro Mic 2 which is what the mic is plugged into.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Trying the factory reset now.
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    After the reset, I do have audio on transmit, I'm being told I'm in and out. I probably need to try a another band. 
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    OK!!  Hopefully that was it.  I am listening on 14.220 now if you want to try a call.

Len
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks guys! I jumped down to 80m, and they told me I sound great! Seems like the reset did the trick! Thanks for the input you guys!  
  • KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    You are very welcome!  Bill, VA3WTB is the guy to thank, he mentioned the reset a while ago. 
    Len, KD0RC
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    You still on Len?

• KD0RC
    edited May 2020
    Yep, still here
  • Tim KG8OC
    Tim KG8OC Member
    edited May 2020
    Trying on 14.220, but you must not can hear me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.