Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the Flex Contol features.

Andy W3LI
Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
I have my monitor screen split with slice A on the top and slice B on the bottom. I have 40M on top and 10M on the bottom. The idea here is that I can work on one slice and monitor the other slice. I found that using the Control knob and programing the Aux3 button to "Change Active Slice" I can toggle between slice A and Slice B. Very nice as it seems as though that the setting for each slice follow the active slice with one exception. 
It appears that the top slice is in command. The freq of the top slice will transfer to my logging program just fine. However, when I toggle to the bottom slice that freq does not transfer to the logging program. 
Apparently the CAT program just picks up the freq of the top slice only.
It sure would be nice if the CAT would pick up the freq of the active slice . A or B regardless of position.

FYI, Win10 with SSDR Ver 2.4.9. Has anyone played with this set up?

TNX, W3LI

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You didn't mention what logging program your using? I would think the data is sent from either slice A or B but the logging program is not using both? properly
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My solution to that problem was to use SliceMaster.  I am using it with Ham Radio Deluxe.

Bob, WK2Y
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Never had any luck trying to install SliceMaster???? Will not use HRD. 
    TNX anyway.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Bill, does not matter what program is used, tried several.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    What's your favorite logging software?  I'm sure there's a solution.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    And what operating system are you using?
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Been using Log4OM since 2006. The new Ver 2 is even better than before. In my post I said that I was using Win 10.
  • Steven Linley
    Steven Linley Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You need to make a new CAT.  You have one for Slice A but you don't have one for slice B.
    Open SmartSDR CAT.  Your first CAT is likely for Slice A (Serial: COM1 Slice A).
    "Add... " a new CAT; Name: Slice B (mine is called Split)   
    Port Protocol: CAT   
    Port Type: Serial   
    Serial Port: FlexVSP
    Client COM (select one from the drop down list, my is COM5)
    VFO A Slice: B   
    Auto Switch TX Slice: Enabled   
    Split Mode: SO2V

Save

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.