Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 no RX audio in AM & SAM modes

Options
Bob Arney
Bob Arney Member
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
No receive audio in AM & SAM modes, audio can be heard in USB or LSB modes.  TX audio and operation in AM is normal.  No audio is produced by the radio in these two modes.  Radio is running software version 2.6.1.146.  Problem started about two weeks ago, no changes to software or configuration were made.  I did reload the software but problem still exists.

Comments

• Roger Hartel
    Roger Hartel Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    AM audio re directed to a rear panel connection?
  • Roger Hartel
    Roger Hartel Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    AM audio directed to a rear panel connection?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    is your Squelch enabled
  • Bob Arney
    Bob Arney Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Yes, all audio is sent to the rear speaker output.  I have always had the audio connected in this way and it worked without issue.

Just discovered something interesting.  If the audio slider in the software control is in the center position, equal right and left, I have no audio out on AM and SAM modes.  But, all other modes operate normally with audio out in the center position and fades right and left properly.  I never use the R/L slider so I did not notice it prior, always kept it centered between R&L.
  • Bob Arney
    Bob Arney Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    No squelch.

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    there's a squelch on the 6000 series Flex?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Woops Just in the FM mode not on AM

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Bob,
        My suggestion would be  … export your profiles, and do a factory reset on the radio, test the AM problem, then reimport the profiles and test again.
        My other suggestion, has anything changed in your external audio system that would invert the audio phase of one of your speakers ?

AL, K0VM
  • Bob Arney
    Bob Arney Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I did the factory reset and reinstalled the software but it did not correct the issue.  I did not export the profiles and reinstall them.  I will give it a try.   

I would also suspect the audio connections or speaker system but this only occurs on AM and SAM.  Audio output works fine on all other modes.  Other modes have audio output when the slider is centered.

Thanks,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.