Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

xSDR6000 mac solution to SSDR

2»

Comments

• Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Bret,

Unfortunately, that isn't a feature I've implemented (yet). Soon......

73's Doug
    K3TZR
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Wow, really nice job so far!   I really like dogparksdr but it's nice to have Mac software that looks like SSDR.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    UPDATE:

xsdr6000 V1.1.9 now available in github

https://github.com/K3TZR/xSDR6000/releases

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    update:

xsdr6000 v1.1.10 from Doug K3TZR

I have test this with ssdr 3.1.11 on my 6600m...
    i am able to get all four slices running native on my mac mini
    and
    multi-flex works fine too

Paul K3SF

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Running V1.10 and is up running Multiflex.  It is running along with SmartSDR V3.1.11 on my PC on my local network.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    got it updated today and had 1 Panadapter up on the windows machine and 7 Pans going on the MAC 
    NO Audio issues at all in 10 minutes or so of listening and ran really so smooth.
    a GREAT Program Doug and I appreciate it very much for spending so much of your valuable time working on this. 
    TX audio still looks to not be going yet but have to give us dummies out here something to look forward to.

Thanks again and 73's
    Stay safe and well 
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Just wondering when you will have the internal GPS function going?  No rush... just wondering.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    To everyone who has followed my tortured path to a working app, please be patient. The complexity of this can be daunting for a "one man band" like me. At the moment, I'm refactoring a large part of the app. This should make it easier for me to fix bugs and / or make additions.

The best way to follow my progress is on Github, look at the Releases and the Readme.md file. I'm trying not to post updates to Github until I have a new version that addresses some issue.

Some future additions, e.g. Pat's question about GPS, may require the assistance of those of you who have the options installed (I don't, I have a "plain vanilla" 6500).

Once I have a stable version, i.e. one where everything that is present is working, I'll start a list of additions / enhancements. I'll gladly accept input from the community.

Thanks for your time and interest.

73's Doug

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I would be glad to help as a tester.  My Flex is a 6500 with the GPSDO option and running latest sw/fw versions.
    i am good on QRZ.com.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020
    I am loving it . . . If you need a tester let me know. I like the GUI much better than Dogpark's GUI. I have 2 MAC's if you need a tester. I have a 6400M and a 6500.

Steve
  • I have just discovered xSDR6000 and installed v 1.2.14 on my MacBook Pro running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1. I love that it looks so much like SSDR, but I can't get any transmit audio. It seems that xSDR6000 has not requested use of the microphone, so the OS doesn't list it in Privacy and Security settings. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I should proceed.
    Norm KA1SG
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭

Norman,

Thanks for trying the software. Unfortunately, remote audio (from the Mac to the Radio) is a feature that I haven’t completed. The opposite way works (audio from the radio to the Mac). The obvious next question is “when will I implement it?”, and the answer is “I’m not sure”.

xSDR6000 has gotten to be a bit too much for a lone developer like me. I’m working on a way to simplify the code and, at some point, plan to make a new version. Since I’m now living in a condo (read NO ANTENNA) the next version will certainly include the ability to use audio from the Mac so that I can put up a remote location for the radio/ antenna.

73’s Doug

K3TZR

• I have just discovered xSDR6000 and installed v 1.2.14 on my MacBook Pro running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1. I love that it looks so much like SSDR, but I can't get any transmit audio. It seems that xSDR6000 has not requested use of the microphone, so the OS doesn't list it in Privacy and Security settings. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I should proceed.
    Norm KA1SG
  • Good morning, Doug. Thanks for the quick response. I am really amazed at what you have done as a lone developer, but of course, a bit disappointed that the remote mic audio isn't yet complete. I usually run my Flex with the Maestro at home but have a couple of older Windows laptops (one of which stays in Florida) with which to operate remotely. Using the slick little MacBook for that is most appealing. Thanks for all the work in xSDR6000. I found it to be immediately comfortable to use, and will eagerly await future releases.

Norm KA1SG
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭

The source code is all on GitHub, if anyone wants to add a feature or two I’d be glad to have the input.

Doug

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.