Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Synchronization Monitor and Maestro

Mauro HB9FBG
Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
Hi everyone.
I installed version 3.1.11. and it seems to me to work (I had big problems with 3.1.8., very big) and I'm very happy. I hope that in the next few days he has no bad surprises. But I'm not here for this comment.

I spent some time without being able to use the Maestro and I used SDR on the monitor. Both have strengths and weaknesses in use.

One: surely the expanded view on the nonitor is definitely an advantage!
Two: the management with the knobs on the Maestro is definitely an advantage!

My proposal; why not allow the PC monitor to be out of sync with the Maestro monitor?
I am not a computer technician and perhaps it is not feasible but I propose it as an idea.

Have a good day and stay healthy (reopenings begin today, hopefully well ... as for version 3.1.11 hihihi).

73 de Mauro HB9FBG
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• HB9EDM - Marco
    HB9EDM - Marco Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ciao Mauro!

For sync maestro and Smartsdr you have to boot maestro in smartcontrol mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Gvt...

For "out of sync" just start maestro and Smartsdr on pc ;-)

Is what you need?

Eventually you can try the super FRStack apps:

Sync Client Slices feature will keep clients' slices in sync with each other. The purpose is to allow the use of Maestro as a control surface for SmartSDR when co-located. You must not bind to a client for this feature to work.

Ciaoo
    HB9EDMarco
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Marco, well found here.
    I tried, thank you, I had not seen. Technically it works but aesthetically I don't like it. I will not use it in the future.

For the rest, it has nothing to do with the proposed idea ... although the new version is still with the previous problems!

Ciao
    Mauro HB9FBG
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks again Marco .... I tried - briefly - again but this time in the contest.

As I said I do not like aesthetically - I would rather see what I see on a PC monitor - but in the contest it does its duty.

I wish the nenu B knob was with an option dedicated to RIT.
    This is not used in contest and would be useful for fast centering.

My idea/proposal that when you are in smartcontrol:
    > improve appearance
    > RIT option on the MENU knob B

Greetings and health to all
    Mauro HB9FBG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.