Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT-8 not decoding properly after upgrading to 3.1.11 Are there some mic or other settings that may

W5AP
W5AP Member
edited May 2020 in Third-Party Software
Although the DAX Control Panel is properly set and DAX audio input is set to RX-1 in the WSJT-X setup, with dozens of signals displayed on the waterfall, I'm not seeing a reasonable Band Activity on WSJT-X      What might I check in audio settings on my computer that may be at fault?

Comments

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wrong mode in WSJT-X, Clock in PC way off are the two factors that can cause the symptoms you describe.
  • Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited May 2020
    How far up does your DB meter go on receive in WSJT-X? I run mine between 60 and 70.

If it is too low, then adjust the level in DAX.

Also, check the CPU load on your machine and make sure you are well below the 100% utilization. 

Andreas, N6NU
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited May 2020
    Bill, that time issue may be it as I did a time update in windows and now its decoding OK.   What kind of time program is suitable?    I realize I recently re-installed everything in my crashed computer, but I haven't re-installed a program to auto-adjust the time....Thanks, Jim
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for your reply.  I found that the timing was the issue.  DB meter running around 60 which is ok
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Meinberg NTP
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    ++++++++++1 

Configure Meinberg to use all 4 of the us.pool.ntp.org servers and you will be accurate within milliseconds forever.
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks all and that solved my problem
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Use Meinberg time sync instead of windows!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.