Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Version to numerous

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
OK is it just me or is Maestro having 11 software version to much.

Prior to the last update v3.1.11 at least everything was in the correct order and the latest version was at least ontop of the screen. Notice last update is 3rd from top.

Tim explained that the V# is not how it prioritizes the sequence. WHY NOT

Now I am attaching photos showing all 11 versions I have to view which I am still OK with.

What I want is the ability to remove from Maestro V# that I don't need that were installed on my Maestro previosly.

Why cant this be done?

Last make it easier and code the latest V# to be on the TopLine.

These should be easy coding corrections thanks for listening

Ian
imageimage

Comments

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    It looks to me like it is displayed in descending ASCII order rather than numeric. Therefore 3.1.8 is always going to be higher than 3.1.11 in the list (as 8 is higher than 1). It wouldn't be a massive issue to fix but this strikes me as the definition of a cosmetic issue so I suspect it is fairly far down the list!

73 Phil M0VSE
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    What Phil said.  To sort correctly, the earlier versions should have been numbered 3.1.07, etc. 
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    When I version software and firmware that I write, I decide how many max versions I anticipate times ten for each level. I then use leading zeroes in all positions between the dots. That way things stay in numerical order. I usually include a beta indicator, especially if I have a large distribution so that I don't get confused when folks call looking for help with bugs. 73, Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.