Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RXAssistant Ver 2.3 Available for Download

Ken W9IE
Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas

I wrote this program to provide quick point and click selection of Receive
Antenna's and other receive options and to avoid some of the Touch Screen
fumbling associated with the Maestro or Menu's in it and SmartSDR.

Each Antenna can be selected manually using the Buttons so named.  

Audio
can be switched between headphone or Speakers.

Binaural Audio
can be turned on or off.

Diversity
Receive can be activated and Right and Left Antenna's selected.

RF Gain
can quickly be changed to optimize Antenna gain.

In an environment where more than one Flex is available your Radio
can be selected from a list on the left by Double Clicking the Radio IP. 

The Nickname of the radio is show for future reference.

Only Slice A and/or B is controlled. When using One Slice or Two Slices.
As in SO1R or SO2R (two panadapters) .

The A1/A Button will cycle between ANT1 and RXA on Slice A.
The A2/B Button will cycle between ANT2 and RXB on Slice B.

These two buttons can also be activated by HOT Keys   [  and  ] respectively.
The Hot Keys will continue to be active even if the Program window is minimized.  The Hot Key function will NOT take Focus from Logging Programs.

I Wrote the Program for Myself and a few friends with special requests.
I Hope it might be useful to some others...   Enjoy

It is available on our Club Web Site at  http://www.w9az.com
It is in a standard Zip File and Instructions along with a PDF are also available
on the Web Site..

I can be contacted at   kenbuser at gmail.com

73's   Ken  W9IE

Comments

• Charlie, WA3UTC
    Charlie, WA3UTC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ken this is a great accessory and works very well.  Thanks for your time spent and I am sure you will receive many other comments.

73, Charlie, WA3UTC 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ken's app does work really well.
    It fits the way I operate in that I use all of my transmit antennas to enhance low noise receive including a pennant and ewe. Quick access to Diversity rx is nice also with the right antenna combination.
    Have been using the app through all of the versions leading up tp this one and find I use the hot keys more than anything else.  I use N1MM+ and 6600 with a Maestro.
    Nice job Ken!
    You've done a lot of great projects over the years but this is without a doubt the most useful.
    Casual ops, contesters and DXers alike will find this a must have app for their 6K.

Clay, N9IO
  • Andrew Mitchell
    Andrew Mitchell Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Ken!  Easy to install and a big help for a multi-user remote station for our club.  Especially helpful for a quick check/tweak of RF gain.

73 es tu!
    Andy, VA3CW
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ken just posted an updated version 2.4 is now available instead of 2.3 mentioned here.
    The only change fixed a problem with the DIV Button (Diversity Receive) that was only on the 6600M model.  
    https://www.w9az.com/
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is a very nice and simple to use application! 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Version 2.4
    https://www.w9az.com/ 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.