Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I setup my 6400 m To key the PTT Q5 transverter.

6400m not keying PTT on Q5 Transverter

Answers

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Do you have a cable between one of the ports
    TX1, 2, or 3 going to the PTT on the transverter?
    If you are running version 3, go to the TX
    band settings and activate the TX port for
    the band you are using. Probably 28 MHz.
    Version 2 I think uses the radio setup screen
    under the tab Transmit.
    That should key the transverter. Then just
    make sure you are using the appropiate drive
    power and I would think you're good to go.
    I realize this is a generic answer to your
    question, but the TX ports on the back are for
    keying transverters, amplifiers, and other
    accessories.

73, Jim N9VC

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Thurman....  I had the same question when I first got my Q5.  Corey at Q5 helped me along...……

Your antenna connects directly to the Transverter's ANT/RX Connector (Type-N Female). The coax to your antenna should have a Type-N Male installed. If not, an adapter can be used.

The Transverter's PTT connects to your FLEX's TX1, TX2, or TX3. These are Female RCA Connectors. (Don't forget to enable whichever port you use)

The Transverter's IF connects to your FLEX's XVTR-A. These are Female BNC Connectors.

And yes, you can connect the Transverter's REF jack to the 10MHz output on the FLEX if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Jim KC3KRZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.