Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Do any Flex MARS users *share* their radios over SmartLink with other MARS members?

Options
John WA7UAR
John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
Briefly, I am experiencing an issue that I plan to submit to Flex support soon but since it deals with MultiFlex actions that I can replicate only on frequencies outside of the Amateur band it would require someone with a MARS turfed radio to confirm (or Flex Support).

Another local MARS member and I are remote from each other and sharing my 6700 over SmartLink. I am using SmartSDR (3.1.7) on my PC and he is using a Maestro control head (version B). We are both sharing my SmartLink password to access the radio.
  1. When we are on the same frequency inside the 75 m Amateur band we can listen to the other transmit when the MON button is selected and each of us can operate MON independently (this is a good thing).
  2. But, when we are both on an adjacent MARS frequency then any local MON button setting (on/off or volume change) is reflected immediately to the other operator (this is NOT a good thing).
The consequence is that if my friend is transmitting, and I want to turn up the MON volume to listen to him, then his own MON volume is immediately adjusted by my actions... and he then hears that delayed, and annoying, feedback of his own transmission into his own headset. From his point of view gremlins took over his Maestro and gave him grief. But it turns out that I was the gremlin and didn't know I was impacting him. 

We can replicate this and so I will submit a ticket to Flex.

Is there anyone else out there that can duplicate this condition? It seems to be dependent on if one is inside or outside a proper Amateur band.
Thanks.

Answers

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I heard back from Flex support today:
    The analysis of your HelpDesk support incident has concluded that the issue you reported is a possible software defect. I have transferred this issue to the Engineering/Software Development group and placed it in their bug tracker for further analysis.
    This issue has been logged as defect number: G7769
    If there is anyone else who reads this posting and can test and confirm this defect then please do add your comments to this thread. And if you are a MARS supporter please press the "Me Too" button at the top as well. Thank you all.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options

New community platform instructions for showing approval...

Now running version 3.1.12

... "And if you are a MARS supporter please press the "LIKE" button(s) associated with this posting and its messages.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.