Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No CAT, no DAX?

Options
ON5AM
ON5AM Member ✭✭
Hello Community,
a week ago, turning on my flex, I no longer had a CAT port. I tried everything then I erased everything and reinstalled everything at least 10 times.
I note that the "Flex VSP" drivers are not installed. It's impossible to install them manually.
It's impossible to install DAX, even with Tim's trick. I am confused.
I opened a tiket last Friday but I don't have any help and that's why that's I'm asking to the Flex community. Do you have a solution ?

Albert ON5AM

Comments

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Albert,
    I had the same issue several months ago.
    I follow this: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205000829-Troubleshooting-FlexVSP-Not-Running-Errors

In fact the Virtual Serial Port Kit service was not running.
     You can see informations how to fix this issue at the end post.

It solves my problem here.
    Just in case you find it useful!
    73 Jean-Luc
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options

Likely your system did a Win10 update.  The latest updates breaks some installations, but not all. 

Jean-Luc's post covers the first bases towards repairing things.

As an FYI if you are using certain VPN clients, the latest Windows updates also often upset that software.  Again usually a App>Repair or a more invasive Uninstall/Reinstall often fixes things.

If you have complicated profiles remember to export them before uninstalling or reinstalling SmartSDR itself.  Just in case.  

One of my Win10 machines required multiple rebooting before it would work right.  I also used the SmartSDR installer as the manual method of reinstalling FlexVSP didn't take.

GL and 73

Steve
    K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello, for my part, since the last update of windows of 21 04 20, impossible to open, the post CAT
    Hello, for my part, since the last update of windows of 21 04 20, impossible to open, the post CAT

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Do you have the cat and dax utility program installed. This is a little program that saves dax and cat settings, then you just use it to put all the settings back just like you want them.
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Bonjour Bill,
    oui, DAX est présent
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    That sounds very handy.  Do you know the program name and where to find it?
    Thanks!
    73, Bob
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This is going to save a lot of grief.  Thank you!!
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    After removing and resuming smartsdr, for the second time everything is in order again

• ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I found!
    The problem came from updating windows. Everything works as before, unfortunately I had to reset Window 10. I lost a lot of things but smartSDR works...
    One last thing: the Flexradio help desk din't help me, it was not at all reliable!

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Make sure you download and install the little file manager utility I post here, it can save you in the future if you have another rainy day.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.