Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ANF feature in V2.6.1? Has it been removed?

Options
Paul G4AFU
Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My software user guide 2.6.0 of 16th September 2019 lists the ANF feature but its not in my Smart SDR 2.6.1. Has it been removed?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options

The ANF works but not very well thought out. If there is a carrier in the bandpass, the ANF will take it out completely. However, when there is modulation, it stops working and you hear the carrier intermixed with the audio. What can I say, except shake my head is disbelief.

Jim, K6QE
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    It's listed in the latest 6400M/6600M user guide.  
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Its not available in 2.6.1 on the radio or am I missing something?
  • F M
    F M Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sorry to say but Icom has a great ANF! Just say n!
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Paul, 
       Yes ANF is still in 2.6.1 same place/function as before.. Remember its not enabled for DIGU/L modes. 
    AL, K0VM
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Had mode set to cw...duh!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Because the ANF is needing more work on it, I just use a TNF filter, that's brick wall.
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Had mode set to cw...duh!
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Al. Did remember it doesn't work for cw. Paul
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Tks Bill Yes find the TNF excellent. Paul
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    No. It is there. While in SSB mode with Maestro, I press the main tuning knob, screen shows NB, NR and ANF. But as others have stated, it doesn't work as well as Icom's (IC- 718, IC-7000, IC-7410) from my personal experience.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Of course not. ANF s don't work in CW mode.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.