Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HEIL HM-12M CC-1-K (Red end) and Heil FS3 Foot Switch

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just got a Heil HM-12 mic (new) and a XLR to 8pin Cable (CC-1-K, red end, with PTT connector) and already had a Heil FS-3.

I'm trying to connect everything but I get no response from the MIC in the radio nor the ptt. Am I missing something or is the cable the wrong one?

73, Santiago

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Wrong adapter.

You need a CC-1-Y (Yaesu) 

It's wired differently.

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited April 2020
    Ok. Let me look for one. Thanks Bob.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     You need the one with the orange boot if your referring to a Heil cable?.  Flex uses the same wiring as Yaesu. Or, you can just rewire the 8 pin Foster plug.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, wrong adapter - red is kenwood, blue is Icom, yellow/orange is Yaesu - the Zflex radios are wired like Yaesu radios, so the yellow/orange adapter is correct.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited April 2020
    Thanks. Will get to the rewire process.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited April 2020
    Does anyone has a side to side comparison on both wiring?, I remember seeing one in another post but cant find it now.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Look at Yaesu Mic wiring it is close other then the chassis ground and MIC ground 
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/how_is_the_flex_6000_front_panel_microphone_connector_pinned_out

TOOK exactly 2 seconds to find the above link using Google search (Google search is your friend)

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Brett. I will next time.

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    "TOOK exactly 2 seconds to find the above link using Google search (Google search is your friend)" There was probably a better way to make that point. "I remember seeing one in another post but cant find it now." Santiago searched, but didn't find it - he said as much when he posed the question.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Ken.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited April 2020
    Thanks.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited May 2020
    To update you on this, I just rewired the cable (as suggested) to the Yaesu/Flex pin outs and the cable is now working fine. Saved me the costs of the new cable. Thanks everybody for the help.

73, de Santiago, HI8SMX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.