Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack V 3.1.10.34 now supports DX CLUSTER TELNET Spots

Mark_W3II
Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I have received many requests to add DX Cluster Telnet support to FRStack. FRStack has had the ability to extend its features to the SSDR and Maestro Panadapter via Spots. I am happy to report you can now configure up to 4 spot sources in FRStack View, Options, Spot tab. Examples are "dxc.wa9pie.net:8000" for HRD's DX Spider or "dxusa.net:7300" for DXUSA.net DX Packet Cluster. If your favorite Cluster management software is Log4OM2 then FRStack can listen to Log4OM2 Internal Telnet Server by configuring FRStack to "127.0.0.1:23" if they are running on the same machine.

FRStack support SmartLink which means you can add spots to your Flex Radio while running remotely with no additional software running at the radio site.

This feature is new so constructive feedback is welcome.

Comments

• HB9EDM - Marco
    HB9EDM - Marco Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark! thks for your work! Really really appreciated!!!
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark works great.  It would be nice for some users if you could enter SSID for the server.  Some of us run different SSIDs with different filters for each.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    It works well, there is some delay when the program starts and the connection to the cluster is not successful. It would be great to have a tag for a  window to show the cluster/spots flowing.

Thank you Mark.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    View --> Spots Sources Viewer 

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mark - thanks for a nice addition to an already outstanding program.  I've held off using spots until it was easy to do and this addition did the trick.

_..--
    Tim - k3Tim/7
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Oops, I missed it. Thanks!
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark W3II thank you very much for this new functionality.  I have been wanting to be able to have Spots work while using SmartLink  I have been testing Log4OMv2 to replace DXlabs.  So far I like it especially how fast it looks up data and logs.  In setting it up to pass cluster spots to FRStacks3 I assume that in Log4OM configuration I would use the connection settings pane to establish a outbound UDP on port 23 so that it transfers the spot information to FRStacks3.  When doing so is REPEATER the correct Service Type to select?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Select the Connect Menu, Telnet Cluster option. The Cluster Management window allows you to select your DX Spot sources. It also lets you start an Internal Server. Start the internal server. In FRStack 3 configure a spot source 127.0.0.1:23

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark TU.  One question.  If you query the DX Cluster with a command like SH/DX 100 do those spots then get sent thru to FRStacks3?  When I erase all the current spots and try that command they do not seem to show up in SmartSDR.  If you disconnect from the cluster servers and then reconnect and have the same SH/DX 100 in the connect script then the spots show up in SmartSDR.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That command should only affect the connection you established and not the one FRStack established. Today the command sh/dx/30 is hard coded. I can expose this setting in a future build.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark - W3II.  Using Log4OMV2 and FRStacksV3 setup with spot source of 127.0.0.1:23.  Spot server is running in Log4OM and spots seem to be coming across into SmartSDR panadapter.  However, if I click on the displayed spot on the panadapter the station call sign does not also change in Log4OM logging screen and I then have to type it in before saving the QSO to the logbook or to look up the information on that call sign.  Is there something wrong with my setup?

The radio does change frequency to the correct location for that spot.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Mark, I sent off a observational report yesterday to your support email address for FRStack for version 3.1.10.34. Did you receive it? Or would you like me to repost it here in this thread?
    Cheers, John
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Now I’m curious! Jajaja

73, Santiago 
    HI8SMX
  • EA5SW
    EA5SW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello Mark, i'ts possible that FRStack  don't display the spots in another regional settings ??
    Communication in good in telnet servers (external or LOG4OM) but nothing is displayed in SmartSDR

The Spot menu appears well, the DX spots not...

• EA5SW
    EA5SW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I changed the regional settings in Windows to use decimal "." and not ","  restart all and now work, problem is regional setting, frequency dont translate in good number format.

• Martin
    Martin Member
    edited April 2020
    Cómo has hecho para cambiarlo y que funcione. Yo no veo la opción de mostrar los spots en el flex 
    Saludos
  • EA5SW
    EA5SW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Solo necesitas cambiar las preferencias de tu región del simbolo de coma al de punto.

Change the regional settings in Windows , decimal symbol from , to .

• EA5SW
    EA5SW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I made a new layout for StreamDeck XL,  share it when ready in my Github with separate icons also.

MAIN MENU

CW Ops

SSB Ops

• EA5SW
    EA5SW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just upgraded FRStack to 3.1.14.39 and the option to view raw spot cluster data under "View" seems to have gone away?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Looks like its there to me??

Not to mention more features :)

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    You need to enable at least 1 spot source in View, Options, Spot tab.
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Update--I use CCUser which has an address of <localhost:7300> and was the only cluster selected. As I indicated, "Spot Sources Viewer" and "Spot Sources Reload" did not appear in the menu.  Just for fun, I entered a different cluster address in source #2 and the missing menu items then appeared.  I unchecked source #2 and now everything is back to the way it was originally: source #1 CCUser is the only source checked and both the viewer and reload menu items are present.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭

I'm playing with FRstack again and want to move spots from DXLab over to FRstack. I have a spot source that requires a password. I have tried entering the server string as user:pass@server:port but no joy. How does one enter a spot source with user/pass authentication?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.