Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I need to integrate my FLEX 6500, my new HY-GAIN DCU-3 CONTROLLER with Log4om.

Options
howard krawitz
howard krawitz Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I recently purchased a HY-GAIN DCU-3 controller to be able to operate from my logging software and connect from clusters in LOG4OM software. The unit allows for a USB connection to my computer. I have been recommended using PSTROTATOR but all of the setups are quite confusing. Aside from which LOG4OM has a connection setup that needs to be involved. No matter what I seem to do it doesn't work. 

I really need some help and I am willing to pay for help.  Please contact me asap at:
818-203-5337
gvm920@gmail.com

Thanks

Howard Krawitz
AH6TX

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I called Howard and got him working. He was close but missing a couple of settings.

Log4OM requires PSTRotatorAZ program to interface to rotors. Log4OM communicates to PSTRotator and PSTRotator communicates to the rotor.

For those that want to know...

- Set Azimuth COM Port in PSTRotator to COM port of the rotor controller.
    - Set Tracker to Log4OM. No need to change default Log4OM settings under setup.
    - Set your location in Log4OM and PSTRotator using your grid square.
    - Make sure the main GUI of PSTRotatorAZ has mode set for Tracking.
    - In Log4OM go to Settings/Program Configuration/Rotor setup and make sure PSTRotator is selected.

It was good to talk to Howard. I haven't seen him in years!

Dave wo2x

• howard krawitz
    howard krawitz Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I want to thank Dave for his help in integrating PSTrotatorAZ  with Flex 6500, and ultimately with Log4om. Dave is an incredible resource when  you are ready to loose what's left of your hair. Seriously he is one of the most knowledgeable persons I know.

If ever I may be of help feel free to contact me.

Thanks
    Howard AH6TX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.