Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DLI Web Power Switch, need example SW, web, or GUI?

Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
For remote control of the station, I know that some of you are using the DLI Web Power Switch with 8 outlets.  I just got one and am starting to study the software API.

Does anyone have an example GUI, or HTML web page, Python, or any other software code example, where you created buttons to control the power outlet and color code if it is ON or OFF?
I am only an average programmer, and find I have a much easier time modifying an example for
my needs, rather than starting from a blank page.

Cheers,

Neal, N6YFM

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not sure why you need to program anything on the DLI switch's they have great WEB page that all you have to do is edit the names, 
    The Macro's do need to be written that allows you to turn power outlets off and on with timers. 
    I have about 100 of these switch's at work and on our large repeater systems 
    there is a Android app that someone wrote a long time ago that lets you control them remotely if you have the IP Port open on your network.

73's
    Bret
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Suggest you look over the below Flex Community Discussion for ideas.   Like you prefer, I have expanded upon many of the examples given for my remote station operation.    I use Raspberry Pi's at the station to control many device functions, connect to the Flex USB cable functions, and to input environmental (temperature, volts, amps) data.

All of the above are accessible on custom user interfaces via local or remote web browsers.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote-operating-and-node-red

Alan
    WAWUD
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    I can supply Node Red flow for my DLI Web Switch Pro.

Dave wo2x
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    That would be educational and most appreaciated.
    Info good on QRZ.com and also email N6YFM@ARRL.net

Thanks Dave.

Neal, N6YFM
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    You can also control this from linux using a script they supply.  Very easy.  Let me know if that is of interest.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.