Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

It would be helpful to have a collection of pandapter miniatures in addition to the full size pandap

Jeremy - W2JG
Jeremy - W2JG Member
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
I believe it would be helpful to view a collection of all pandapters in miniature for monitoring in addition to the full size pandapters, similar to what is available for a collection of security cameras shown in a grid fashion.

With Windows 10 ability to have multiple desktops, it would be nice to have the ability to place various pandapters on different desktops, in addition to a display of all the pandapters together in miniature.  In that way, one could be monitoring all the pandapters together to get a big picture of the activity, while also being able to see the full size version of selected pandapters on either another desktop or monitor(s).  Since the miniatures are for monitoring, they don’t have to be in true real time, some lag would be acceptable, nor would they have to function as pandapters, only show the spectrum and waterfall in miniature.  If that would be too complicated, then just a copy of each of the waterfalls in miniature.
Would anyone else find this ability helpful?

Thank you for your time and feedback!

Jeremy 
W2JG 
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Just undock them and minimize the screen by grabbing and dragging the corner until it is at it's smallest size.
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Jeremy:

Are you running version "2" or later.  This feature has been in SSDR with since version 2.   See Tim's reply above to unlock each of the pan adapters.  The little arrow at the top right hand corner of the pan adapter undocks and docks each pan adapter from the master.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Jeremy - W2JG
    Jeremy - W2JG Member
    edited April 2020
    I guess there is a misunderstanding of my request.   I am not looking to minimize a pandapter, I knew that could be done.  I am looking for having BOTH a miniature version AND the full size version.  In this way, one could have a monitoring screen of ALL pandapters AND the full size pandapter.  In this way, one would not have to resize the screen, just change to the desktop with the full size pandapter.

Thank you for your feedback and assistance!

Jeremy 
    W2JG 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.