Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VFO A<<>B?

Lars DL4JLM
Lars DL4JLM Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hello all,

I am missing the functionality to copy VFO B data to VFO A (A<<B) and exchange the VFO A and B data (A<>B). There ia a (A>>B) button but I am looking for the other way around. Is there any solution for this?
vy 73 Lars DL4JLM

Answers

• N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    There might be 3rd party software that lets you adds this basic features ?
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    From the 6400M/6600M user guide:  "A long press of the A-B button swaps the A and B slice receiver frequency, mode and filters..."  
  • Lars DL4JLM
    Lars DL4JLM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I am sorry but this does not work. If I press the A>B button on Maestro long, then the VFOA and B are coupled. Means when I turn on VFO A, VFO B is also moving in parallel like A does. I just wanna have the A>B copy function in the other way around or in other words copy VFO B (or slice B) to A. It can not be so hard hihi Every other transceiver has this function.
    If somebody ask why? In contests I am usually storing stations to VFO B and use this as a short time memory. Much faster then using the real memories. But this does not work for my Flex and I really miss it. Third Party solutions wellcome... but which one? I am searching for something like a "one button solution". Everything else takes too much time.
    vy 73

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Learn something new every day. Wait, whatyoutalkinaboutWyllis? It is April 1st
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    That would be handy. DARN!
  • Toffy
    Toffy Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    yes, I am missing it too!
    73 Tof dj6zm
  • Francesco Doenz
    Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    But is it possible to copy VFO A to VFO B with just  Smart SDR and not using th front panel of the radio itself?
  • Lars DL4JLM
    Lars DL4JLM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The Problem is not copying "A to B" but "B to A" is not possible or in other words just exchange A<>B :o)
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    Sorry, I understand your question, but I suppose it's possible to copy A to B, for instance if I want to compare two antennas on the same frequence having two panadapters displayed....may be a **** question....
    Thanks for your help as always!
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    on my 6600m
    and
    using the front panel A<>B button

Mode 1....Quick touch will load A VFO into B VFO such that they are both the same

Mode 2...Holding the button for a second or longer with switch A to B and B to A

Paul K3SF
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    Many thanks for your definitve answer on how to resolve the problem on the radio front panel, but how do you do this on the laptop screen with the smartsdr using the mouse and not the frontpanel? May be it's not possible?
    Many thanks for your patience and help!
  • Lars DL4JLM
    Lars DL4JLM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It is only the "definitive" answer for the 6600M which does obviously has the "A<>B" button in the second layer (Mode 2) on his front panel. BUT Maestro does not! That was new for me. On Maestro the button is called "A>>B" which is a different functionallity. Strange but interesting. Is there anybody from Flexradio here to comment this? Is it possible to change this second level functionality on Maestro to the 6600M one? Would help much more.
    In smartSDR software on the laptop I can not even found a copy function from A to B at all.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hmmm. I used this technique with my legacy knob radios. With SmartSDR I just click on the other (B) slice and use it while the main (A) slice stays where it was. Or am I not understanding something?
  • Lars DL4JLM
    Lars DL4JLM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, you did not understood the problem. I would like to swap VFO A Frequency and VFO B Frequency. Just swap both frequencies A is now B and B is now A. Please read the first explanations, too ...  
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    edited April 2020
    Just a guess:  since SSDR, when used with a 6500, 6600 or 6700, can show 4 to 8 slices, controls to transfer info between slices would be cumbersome.  
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    DX Labs Commander application allows you to select "A", "B", "A=B", "AxB", or momentarily swap VFO's.

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/ChangingFrequency.htm#Changing%20frequency%20via%20the%20VFO%20panel

Rick WR0H
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    AS Lars wrote previously "In smartSDR software on the laptop I can not even found a copy function from A to B at all " this function would be useful if you want to compare two antennas in real time...
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I miss that function to! But just to compare 2 antennas just open 2 slices with Ant1 on 1 slice, Ant2 on the other slice.
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    Of course, but would be nice to have  one slice following the other on the same frequency, the software is so elaborate and fantastic that it just seemed to me that it would be a peacecake to implement such a thing!!??
  • Lars DL4JLM
    Lars DL4JLM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Rick, that is a solution in software that can do it. But for fast contesting this is too time consumiung. I hope somebody from Flexradio read our discussion and open a ticket in the backlog for next functions. It is really not so hard to implement. Even if you wanna handle more than one slice. Give me a message and I will specify an option how to do hihi This is just a simple copy function of some values. No signal processing, no rocket science. In case of more than two slices just implement for example a selection list or something else to choose to which slice (VFO)  it should be copied.
    Best 73. Lars
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    FRstack (click here) has swap built in and with the Stream Deck also integrated within FRstack, it a touch of a SWAP button. I setup another folder so I can swap slice A with any of the other 7 available slices on my 6700.

• Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭

This basic function does not exist.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF

… unless you have an “M” model. I also understand the upcoming model of the Maestro May also offer this feature.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.