Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installing PowerSDR on New Computer

KC9LIF
KC9LIF Member ✭✭
I am currently running PowerSDR v2.7.2 for my Flex3000, which I recently fired up  and  is running fine. However, I need to install a new PowerSDR to a new computer, but I do not see the PowerSDRv2.7.2 installer?  It has been a while since I have used the radio and don't know what the current version of the PowerSDR should be for my Flex3000?  Which version would be easiest (and/or best) to install onto my new computer?  Thanks, Kent.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    You should go to KE9NS web site and down load v2.8.0.156. This runs very well with win7 to win 10. This is the latest PSDR software.
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    This is the most recent and current maintained version of PowerSDR&#46;It includes the Flex Radio installer&#46;<br alt="" title="" name="" value="" type="" target="" rel="">https://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html

• KC9LIF
    KC9LIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Oops...sorry about that I found the PowerSDRv2.7.2 and have downloaded it and the documentation, which I will read, since the movie will not be coming out.  In the meantime, is there a file that I can import with my  current configuration?  Just wondering?  I will be getting my new FireWire card soon.  Thanks, Kent.
  • KC9LIF
    KC9LIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, Bill and Steven for the quick response.  I just checked out that website.  Wow, that is really great stuff,   It is been great getting back into my Flex3000.  Thanks again for the help.  Stay safe and be well.  Kent.
  • Marty VK2VCC
    Marty VK2VCC Member
    edited March 2020
    Darin ke9ns does a great job with this stuff. Been out of my flex now for 13 months, i do miss it , but the ke9ns software was a great upgrade.
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Another advantage with the KE9NS version of PowerSDR is that it also gives you firmware updates if required. Recently I started using my Flex 1500 after it had not been used for some time. When I installed Darwin's latest version, I was supprized to get a notification of a firmware update, much the way I got it with my 6400. I like PowerSDR much more than the SmartSDR I used before selling my 6400! Thanks Darin for the great work you're doing with PowerSDR! Ken.. VE5KC
  • KC9LIF
    KC9LIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, Marty and Ken.  I had not used my Flex for several years and have been away from Ham radio but it is great to be back and this info is helpful to get back the right way.

Kent KC9LIF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.