Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

frstack ver3 and SPE amp

2»

Answers

• HB9EDM - Marco
    HB9EDM - Marco Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Mark! thks a lot for this update!!! 
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I have the 1k-fa amp,  the SPE software is connected via com port 2, works  great .
     I have FTDI cable connected to the flex 6500  into the SPe amp , follows , changes pwr etc.
     Now when I open FRSstacks , software SPE not open , i get a amp status error. I am using  com port 2 .
    the only way this works is the fdti cable needs to be connected  to the flex? but the flex usb does not give com port numbers?  So the frstacks will find it ?  Then i cannot use the spe software anymore ?
    maybe the FDTI cable is out dated  it is  old ? ( com port 2  cable not  the cable into the  flex radio. )
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The radio uses the FTDI CAT COM port, FRStack uses the SPE 1K Command RS232 COM port. These are two different COM ports. Unplug the command RS232 cable port and then reconnect the cable and watch the Windows Device Manager's COM PORT node for the newly added port.
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
     i understand , i use the com2 port which  is connected to the RS232 on the amp.
    When i connect with frs stack, unable to receive  amp status  (error)  ..
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Do you have the 1K checkbox checked in the Options SPE tab?
    Reach out to me via the Support menu item in FRStack for further support.
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    ok

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.