Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M - 6400M, Don't Squirt On That Hand Sanitizer, Read On!!

Robert Lonn
Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
Today I was using my 6600M and started to not get a response from using my fingers on the screen.. Some things sort of worked but most things related to spreading out the spectrum or tapping the screen to change the frequency marker were not working??

When I mentioned this to my wife, she said maybe its is all that Hand Sanitize you have on your fingers???

So I grabbed a micro fiber towel I had in the shack and rubbed my fingers with the towel!! 

OMG, everything started to respond as it should... I also used the towel to clean off the 6600M screen as well!!

Just something I wanted to share with the group....

And of course Please Do continue to keep those hands clean and dont touch your face with those hands if you have been outside your home.. Stay Safe!!

Robert

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    many people use those Ipad type pointers so they don't even touch the screen at all.
  • Warren-K6WKW
    Warren-K6WKW Member
    edited March 2020
    Just an FYI - I just recently learned that virus have a small container of **** around the protein structure, and soap dissolves the **** destroying the protein inside. That's why and how soap works, so perhaps you can spare the sanitizer and use soap when you're near the shack. 73 and enjoy the bands!
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Use lava. Not the soap, actual lava.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.