Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with Radio connectivity to Maestro Server

w0pd
w0pd Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I have had my new 6600M for a couple of weeks. I noticed
yesterday that I seem to have lost Internet connectivity with the radio – at least according to the icon on the radio. I tested the port forwarding automatic test on the radio which returned a green dot indicating the port forwarding is working. I can also connect remotely via iPad etc. by a cell data network.

However, I can no longer see the previous software versions and the radio indicates that it is “Connected to Ethernet, Maestro server unavailable”. I am guessing that the radio is not getting to the necessary server but I am wondering why the port forwarding says it is working. I am not sure what is going on. I reset the radio to factory settings but still no luck.  Does anybody have any ideas? I also tried manually port forwarding but no change. It worked a couple of days ago. My Internet is working well with other devices. 

Thanks

Mike

W0PD

Comments

• Warren-K6WKW
    Warren-K6WKW Member
    edited March 2020
    Mike, I'm seeing the same problem with my 6600M. I've never seen this problem before (though I have had others). It's been working for over a year, and nothing has changed on my end. Knowing we both have the same symptom makes me think it's something to do with the Flex server.
  • w0pd
    w0pd Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thank you, Warren. For now, I will stop worrying about it. 

Mike

• Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Flex 6700 and latest model of Maestro.  Having the Maestro network icon saying "Connected to Ethernet. Maestro server unavailable"   Everything seems to work. So I'm judging it as a Flex remote server issue. Not to worry about for the time being.
  • iw2clm
    iw2clm Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Same issue here for my Flex 6600. Everything running fine locally, but not Maestro firmware list available from servers.
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    This is good to hear!  I'm having the same issue, but mine came right after I upgraded to version 3 software last evening on my 6600M.  If I run SmartSDR it works fine.  If I try to operate from either the M front panel or my Maestro my only option is to downgrade to 2.4.9.  Checking Info it says the radio is allowed to run version 3 software and the radio is running version 3 firmware. So, I guess we just need to wait for Flex to check into this issue!
  • gary moore
    gary moore Member
    edited March 2020
    I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH 6400M  IT WORKED ONCE BUT NOW IT DON'T

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    We are aware of a server issue and are working with our provider to address this issue.  Thanks for your patience.  We'll update this thread once we have things back up and running.
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the update!
  • gary moore
    gary moore Member
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for update
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2020
    We are in contact with our hosting provider and the issue has been escalated, but we have yet to be able to resolve the issue.  We will share when we know more.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2020
    It looks like the server is back online now.  No explanation from the provider yet, but you should be able to get to the software selection on Maestros and M models now again.
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Eric, still getting the same error here!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    It appears that the Maestro server is *finally* back online.  Please check it out by rebooting your Maestro.  We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Things appear to be working right now! Thanks Tim and Eric!  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.