Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic 2 input seems way to low, or not working on Maestro

Don Nault
Don Nault Member
edited March 2020 in Maestro
I have been using my Maestro with my 6300 and have been doing a LOT of listening, and in receive it seems to work just great, and it works will with the built in tuner in the 6300.  Just recently I have been getting more active on the air and tried to make an adapter to work with my Yamaha CM500, but when I try it, even with the +20db boost, I get very LOW modulation.  My 6600M came with a FHM-2 hand mic and I tried it in the mic 2 input and used the MOX to key the radio, and I go NO modulation with that mic.  When I use my 6300 with my CM500 on my computer with the SmartSDR software, it all works great.   I tried the FHM-2 mic on the 6600M and it works great.  Does the Mic 2 input have a problem on my Maestro, or am I doing something wrong?

Don - KD7CI

Comments

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Double check everything; mic gain, Mic2, Bias on , +20dB, etc and check that the mic and phones plugs are no crossed.
  • Don Nault
    Don Nault Member
    edited March 2020
    Things checked:
    Mic Bias - ON
    +20 DB - ON
    Mic Gain - MAX position

Mic plugged into 3.5mm MIC2 Jack on Maestro
    Headphone plugged into 3.5mm headphone jack on Maestro (and the headphones work just fine, I can hear what ever I need to hear)

Still no joy... same outcome as previously stated

Don
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    The FHM-2 mic doesn't work properly with the Maestro.  Open a HelpDesk ticket to see what options are available.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.