Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Please help. How do go about sending my flex3000 for repair? Where do I start?

Walinuk
Walinuk Member ✭✭
My Flex3000 powers up fine, was working ok last week but now PowerSDR does not see it. I have tried other Firewire cables/WinXP/Win7/Win10 and on two different computers.I think that a hardware problem might have occured. I wish to know how to go about sending my radio in for repair. Please help.

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Open a ticket with Flex support describing your problem and they will respond with a course of action.  https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us
  • Wade Benge
    Wade Benge Member
    edited March 2020
    Possibly could be the firewire port on the computer. May try reloading the firewire drivers.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Follow Joe's advice, at least they can help you troubleshoot before sending it in. Do you have another computer card to try?
  • Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Joe, Many thanks for your reply!. But how do I go about 'Opening a Ticket'? cannot see a link on the website. Thanks again Joe.

• Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Wade, Many thanks for replying! As a matter of fact I have another Flex 3K, which works fine, so swapped them and the problematic one 'PowerSDR does not recognise it:-( Thanks again Wade. 
  • Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Bill, Many thanks Bill , for replying! As a matter of fact I have another Flex 3K, which works fine, so swapped them and the problematic one 'PowerSDR does not recognise it:-( Thanks again Bill.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    That information changes everything. Sorry your having trouble. I have seen this happen to a couple other 3000 as well. I am on my Flex 3000 this week giving my 6500 a break. Fun to go back and forth.
  • Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks again Bill, much appreciated!
  • Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks all. I have now opened a 'Support Ticket' so fingers crossed:-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.