Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Next version of DXLog will be much improved for Flexradio

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
As some may have experienced DXLog has not really played 100 % well with Flex-6000 series. At least not for SO2R where you rely on rapid switching between different bands slices. 
I have had the opportunity to test a development version that Chris is about to release soon. And it works very well. Finally, we Flexusers will have at least three good contest loggers to choose from. I know the DX Log fora is not too active but there are nevertheless valuable improvements being done by Chris in the back ground. 
For those of you not familiar with DX Log I would like to emphasize one big advantage with it.  With DX log you may produce your own scripts for different operating behaviors with e g head phones in one ear/two ears when SO2R, alternate CQs, pile up work etc etc. Very convenient.  And like the other leading contest loggers DXLog has an integrated contest simulator with dual morse runners integrated with no extra settings to get it going.  

Comments

• Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Any news on the status of the new update?
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Not yet. I know Chris had to go through a hospital visit some weeks ago and I beleive that will have delayed the release. I did test it at CQ WPX but I had a crash with one of the multiplier scripts. So did not dare to use all along the contest. I was to mail to you about the Cw script I read you made. Can you share and I could test? My email is at qrz.com.
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Any news? DXloger forum no activity at all
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    I noticed that too. I have no idea why.
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I've been playing with DXLog in CQ160CW this weekend and have been very impressed. I'm trying to get a sense of what is possible with scripting, and have written a few simple ones so far.  I'd be very grateful if any Flex users using DXLog would share any useful scripts or mention any tips related to using DXLog with a 6000 series rig. 

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi all
    After having had my 6500 serviced, I am unable to reconfigure it for use with DXLog (version 2.4.18, the latest one at the time of writing this).
    I do see com 4 in SmartCAT indicating DXLog, and I have serial port com4 enabled (radio 1) in the port configuration.
    It still does not work.
    Any idea
    1/ is there any tutorial  (I searched internet, with no success) ?
    2/ Can anyone with such a combination working send me a screenshot of the Radio1 setup ?

Thank you and best 73
    Paul F6EXV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.