Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Half space tilde has no effect in N1MM+ using SSDR 2.6.1 with 6300

Options
Michael Ruttenberg
Michael Ruttenberg Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Third-Party Software
When I am using the current version of N1MM+ (1.0.8230) with SSDR 2.6.1  (Windows), and I set my CW macro to G7~TWC, it sends G7TWC without the half space. This gets misread as a GM station. The half space used to work, on v1.x of SSDR and early versions of v2.x.

Page 236 of the N1MM+ documentation shows it should send the half space.

I raised this with N1MM+ as a bug and got a reply from John K3CT who says it's working for them with Winkeyer, and suggests I raise this with Flex.

I see someone raised this for v1.x but that is many years ago, and I didn't have this issue then.

Any ideas? Can anyone replicate this?image

Mike
G7TWC

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'd like to understand how N1MM is mapping this.  I noticed that Winkeyer does map '|' for a half dot space, but that seems to be different than the desired timing here (half word?).  If someone that understands the technical details of this could send me a note directly (eric AT flex DASH radio DOT com), I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
  • Michael Ruttenberg
    Michael Ruttenberg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Half word? No, half space. I’ll email you off list re N1MM comms link. Mike G7TWC
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Between Michael and John K3CT, we were able to figure out what needs to be done on the FlexRadio side to make this work.  For tracking purposes this is #J7959.  Thanks for the heads up on this.
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Has this issue been addressed? Operating today with N1MM, I can't see that the ~ character has any effect when using N1MM with the internal keyer in my Flex 6600. I am using SSDR 2.12.0.

Tim K9WX

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Options

I just checked on this and the change has not yet been implemented. I will raise this in our defect review meeting this week though. Thanks for checking on it.

• W3US
    W3US Member ✭✭
    Options

Does this apply to SSRD v.3 as well? TIA.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Options

Yes. We haven't implemented support for the half space in any version (yet, as of v3.7.4).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.