Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any news on xDax and xCat for Mac computers?

Options
2»

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    contact with VP8PJ on 30m
    FT8 two slices ....
    one is FT8  regular mode
    and
    the other FT8  f/h mode

• Mark Davis
    Mark Davis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Mario;

I'd lie to offer my help, too, for testing. I'm most interested in xDax, in order to have RumLog NG integration with my Flex-6600 while operating remotely with dpSDR. I'm running v2.6.1 on my Flex-6600.

Mark Davis - AD7EF
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi there,

the long wait has come to an end.. See here: https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com/

Please spread the word.. :-)

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks Mario!  We really appreciate your efforts.
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi George,

IQ streams are working in the released version of xDAX.. But honestly I don't see anyone at the horizon creating a CW Skimmer like software for Mac.. Alex is a genius (in my eyes) and the only one I know who could do something like this on the Mac is Chen (W7AY of cocoaModem fame).. But he is not interested in CW, only in RTTY.. :-)

73, Mario DL3LSM
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    hi Mario

was a pleasure working with you....

as usual a great effort on your part
    and
    as i promised i sent you some **** money

I hope others will do the same to help support this Great Mac Programmer

as he and others help keep our hobby enjoyable
    and
    especially with awesome flex radios

Paul K3SF

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you so much Mario!!
  • Robert Guertin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Mario, when I try to run either xDAX or xCat I get a message saying it can't be run.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Just go into Preferences & Security. You can OK the program there, and it will run from that point forward.
  • Robert Guertin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    It doesn/t work because the app hasn't been cleared through Apple.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yes that is true. But you can OK any app in the security settings. If you click on it, you will see inside the box the app that it denied and you can click the box and clear it and it will work from that point forward. But to do that, you go into Mac settings, then security & privacy. You may have to click the lock in the lower left corner of the dialog base first and unlock security in order to do this.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Apple is slowly tightening the security related to apps that are not from the app store. There is a good explanation of all the possibilities here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491 

As the author of the underlying library that Mario is using and having worked with Mario for the last few years I can vouch for the safety of his apps.

Having said that, you should always be careful about what you download from the internet. As a very wise man once told me “The Internet is not an encyclopedia, it’s a trash can and you should be careful what you take from it”
    73’s Doug
    K3TZR
  • Robert Guertin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not so, Scott. I'm a longtime user of Apple stuff and you can't get around it simply by clicking on the security button.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    As long as you were not silly enough to install Catalina, you can still just right-click, choose "Open" and bypass the nonsense. Scott is right for many Apple users.

Don't shoot me for hating the direction Apple is going in :-)
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    "Depends"! On the version - Scott is right for many Apple users. Just right-click, choose "Open" and bypass the silly restrictions. ("Silly" is _my_ opinion.)
  • Robert Guertin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I'm using v10.14.5 Mojave, it reacts like I said. The work around according to Apple is to right click while holding the CONTROL key down and accept the app via the security settings.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yes it depends on which version of OS-X but you can get around the restriction on ALL of them. May differ slightly but you have to go into Security settings.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The wrath of the Ma user would be overwhelming if they didn't include a way around it. I think some just don't know how.
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The link Doug/K3TZR has posted below (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491) has all the information needed. It will probably never happen that xDAX/xCAT are available in the App Store (costs 99$ a year) or that I'm a identified developer (not sure about the last one as I have started to sign my apps with my Apple ID).. So some steps (which are outlined in the link) might be necessary to run the apps..

73, Mario DL3LSM

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The link Doug/K3TZR has posted below (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491) has all the information needed. It will probably never happen that xDAX/xCAT are available in the App Store (costs 99$ a year) or that I'm a identified developer (not sure about the last one as I have started to sign my apps with my Apple ID).. So some steps (which are outlined in the link) might be necessary to run the apps..

73, Mario DL3LSM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.