Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X frequency not tracking SmartSDR

Al Peterson
Al Peterson Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
This used to work before upgrading and I must have missed a setting somewhere. I recently upgraded to Log4OM2 (v: 2.4.0.0), WSJT-X (v: 2.1.2), JTAlert (v: 2.15.11) and SmartSDR (v: 3.1.8). I operate FT8 exclusively and everything is working with the exception of the frequency being updated in WSJT-X. The correct frequency is in the log. I can change bands from WSJT-X and SmartSDR follows properly. If there is a DX operation on a non-standard frequency, I used to be able to change the frequency in SmartSDR and everything would follow. 
I'm using SmartCat for the command / control interface and DAX for the audio. 

Answers

• w5ap
    w5ap Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I also can't get JTAlert v2.15.11 to log automatically to Log4OM. Can someone tell me how to setup the UDP ports?  
  • Al Peterson
    Al Peterson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I found the solution to my problem buried in the Log4OM2 configuration. Change the settings from "hamlib" to "Omnirig" and add a 2nd CAT interface (serial) 
  • Al Peterson
    Al Peterson Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Open the JTAlert settings, find Logging / Log4OM
    ADIF msg: 2236      Control: 2241

Go to Log4OM settings, Software Integration / Connections
    Add a UDP Inbound ADIF message on port 2236
  • Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have put a ticket in for the same issue, of wsjt not tracking a profile change, but if I change in wsjt, smartsdr follows...  issue here it is not every time

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Follow the instructions in Log4OM v2 (I am assuming you are using v2) to the letter and then restart all devices turn SmartSDR up first then Log4OM then wsjt-x.  I also use JTAlert and it runs very well with all apps seeing the operating frequency and Log4OM logs the complete frequency.  I really like v2 and it logs very well including the added features like mapping and rotator control.  It controls PSTrotator nicely.    Be patient follow the instructions completely.  
    PS:  start JTAlert after wsjt-x...
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Exactly!!
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I use Profiles primarily to change bands, frequency, modes.  I have had no problems with this.   I found that the PC is the most likely culprit in these issues.  And more precisely the Registry files in particular.  My computer acted inconsistently until I started making sure that the registry ran cleanly.  Getting rid of old registry files helps keep the apps happy and consistent.  I use “CleanMy PC” to do various PC maintaining functions.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.