Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to upgrade past 2.4.9

Options
Jim - wa6our
Jim - wa6our Member
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am trying to upgrade my 6700 past 2.4.9.  I have tried 2.6.1 and 3.1.8.  In all cases the upgrade seems to go fine.  When it connects to the 6700 it brings up the screen and then disconnects.  From then on my 6700 is no longer reachable.  I can ping the 6700 but the SmartSDR software is unable to reach it.

I am running Windows 10 under Parallels on my iMac.  Up to now I have never had any issues running SmartSDR.   There seems to be something about releases after 2.4.9 that seem to break SmartSDR for me.

Jim

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    make sure you power down the 6700 after the update and disconnect power to the radio.

this allow for clean reset of the 6700 in power up.

do the same when down grading back 2.4.9

Paul K3SF
  • Jim - wa6our
    Jim - wa6our Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    That is my normal mode of updating.  After the reboot it works long enough to bring up SSDR window and then dies.

Jim
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have converted this to a support ticket. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.