Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and Windows 10 permissions

KC7ES
KC7ES Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in DAX
Something new popped up today-I saw a mic icon in the systray, and unless I grant "allow desktop apps to access your microphone", WSJT-X won't recognize the DAX Rx 1 stream. Desktop apps on the allowed list include DAX, FLDigi,WSJT-X and a windows host process.
I have not allowed W10 upgrades in a while, but this seemed to follow an BSOD event relating to a page fault of some sort. If I hover over the white mic icon, it says 2 apps are using my microphone. Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Eric

Answers

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have seen this issue before. and it always is because of an update to microsoft securities, stopping microphone access.  just say yes to allow, and reset wsjt, all should continue til next security update.   I beleive this design was to prevent webcams from having someone turn camera and audio on remotely

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Exactly that´s what it is. It´s a normal security behaviour of W10 since i think 1809 or 1903 . But here, once allowed it stayed allowed even over the 1909 upgrade.

• KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for the explanation gents. Sounds reasonable, but something you’d not see in Win 7.
  • KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    ...and did a new install of 2.6.1 on a new HP laptop...same deal. I did experience one BSOD due to portcls.sys/page fault upon completion, but only once. This seems to be a known issue. 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.