Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR-Bridge v1.6.4 compatible with Slice Master spot display

Ed - W2RF
Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in New Ideas
Greetings SDR-Bridge users,
I'm working on a new version of SDR-Bridge that has new features including the ability to display spots in SmartSDR. In the mean time, I suggest using Don K1DBO's Slice Master to process spots coming from your SDR-Bridge Skimmers. It's very easy to set up. On the Slice Master Spot Sources list, put entries like
telnet://F1EX@localhost:7310
and so on. This is working great for me. Thanks to Don for a really neat program. And look forward to a new version of SDR-Bridge, coming soon!
The latest SDR-Bridge is available on the web site, at http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.
73 Ed W2RF

Comments

• Frank Kirschner
    edited February 2020
    I'm running SliceMaster to bring up CW Skimmer, but not running SDR-Bridge. I seem to be limited to 6 KHz of decoded bandwidth, even though I have set the sampling rate to 192,000 in both DAXIQ and CW Skimmer.

Do I need to run SDR-Bridge in order to get more bandwidth?

Thanks.

73, Frank KF6E
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Frank,

Are you talking about the width of the display or the width of the decode?

The display width depends on the size of your monitor.  CW Skimmer doesnt offer a zoom out feature for its display.  Your only option is to make the window taller.  Even that is to be limited to about 24khz.  (I cant quite fill two stacked 1080 monitors).

The decode width depends on the DAXIQ sampling rate.  Your decodes should still be catching spots outside of what is displayed and those spots should be showing up in your SSDR panafall.

SDR-Bridge and Slice Master differ in how they handle launching and telling CW Skimmer where to decode.  But both are subject to the limitations of CW Skimmer's display.

--Don

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Frank,
    As Don noted, the vertical CW Skimmer display is limited by the height of the window that your monitor settings support.  

I submitted an idea to directly integrate CW Skimmer with SSDR that would flip the display horizontally and expand the bandwidth displayed significantly.    It would also eliminate the redundant waterfall display (it is on both SSDR and Skimmer currently) taking up monitor space .   The Skimmer display, when turned on, would be as wide as the SSDR display and right below the SSDR  waterfall.  Here is a snapshot showing a small part of the display below the waterfall. 

Check out the idea here and add your comments and a vote if you would like to see this feature.    BTW, Alex ( CW Skimmer author) is working on a completely new version that could make the direct integration with SSDR easier.   On a related note, I asked Alex about providing an option for a  horizontal waterfall for Skimmer.  Not sure if he will do this in the new version but that would be another way to display a wider bandwidth in the Skimmer application.

Link to the SSDR and CW Skimmer integration idea:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/pfskimer_what_is_the_possibility_for_a_smartsdr_display_that_combines_panadapter_waterfall_cw_skimmer

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ 
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.