Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question re Window update to 1903 and DAX with Flex 6400M

Jon - AJ1U
Jon - AJ1U Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I currently have Windows 10 Pro version 1809. I want to upgrade to 1903 but avoid problems with DAX. I have a Flex 6400M running SmartSDR 2.4.9. I never use SmartSDR on the computer to operate the radio, rather I use the front panel of the rig.  So, I want to stay with version 2.4.9. (I use Ham Radio Deluxe for digital modes and Slicemaster). I thought I read some time ago, but can't seem to find it, that I can run an installer of a newer version of SmartSDR just to update the DAX / CAT, but still use version 2.4.9 for everything else.  Could someone please point me to that info? Would I use the 2.6.0 or 2.61 installer? And should I update the Flex software before or after I update Windows to 1903. Thanks!!

Answers

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Jon I have the same set up, have let Windows do it's thing and have not had one issue with DAX at all. Up date your OS then Smart SDR. 
    I have a 6400M {Smart SDR 2.61} Windows 10 Pro version 1909 os build 18363.657 and runs flawlessly. 
    VE3DZP
  • Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I am using Windows  10 Pro 1909 and have updated to 2.6.1 without any issues. 73
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    The version of DAX that is in SmartSDR v2.6.1 should not be adversely affected by Windows updates.  I highly recommend installing it before you do the update.
  • Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I can confirm that I had done it in the same order and it works. Thanks Tim.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.