Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I can’t get iPad to connect remotely to flex 6400

Eric
Eric Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When I turn on remote link in iPad, it verifies and says everything ok, then shows my radio.  When I click on my radio it just disappears and says not connected

Answers

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Eric I am not sure what you are saying. When I connect to my 6400 with my Ipad I bring up a app and touch the con icon or touch the screen ......... Can you give me a little more info
  • Eric
    Eric Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi Doug thanks for getting back to me. It is when I am trying to use my iPad when I am away from the house so I can link in remotely to my 6400. everything links up fine except when I click on  my radio icon the link disappears and the program says I’m not connected and that’s all the further it goes it never connects
  • Pa1rs
    Pa1rs Member
    edited February 2020
    Hello Erick Have you registered the flex radio within smartlink. It looks like it doesn't. Then he does it within your own network but not outside. Gr, Rudie
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2020
    Hi Eric

I need to ask a few questions to confirm you are configured correctly.  

Did you do the PTT registration on the radio.

When you run the Test on SmartSDR, do you get a green 'light' on the test panel?

Some people miss those steps, so it is the first questions we always ask.

This video might help to make sure you didn't miss any steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMbi3dAiMi0

Mike

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I just had the same experience at a local restaurant where it did exactly as you posted Eric. What I determined is they somehow had me blocked. To prove my point I pulled out my cell phone, turned on my hotspot on it, connected to my phone hotspot and instantly I connected to my 6400m. If u can try your hotspot or another public place. Again mine behaved the same as yours before using the same iPad sitting in the restaurant but disconnected from the restaurant and onto my phone hotspot
  • Eric
    Eric Member
    edited February 2020
    Someone else mentioned Something about a VPN. Do you have anything like that set up on your system? I have used my hotspot before and I get the same result as you were getting at the restaurant Which is also the same result I've been getting all along
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2020
    Hi Eric

No VPN required.  Assuming you got the registration all done it should work.  

Did you get a green test light?

Mike

• Eric
    Eric Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes I got a green light it works with my laptop when I'm out of town just wont-work with the iPad. my iPad works fine if I'm at home on my own Wi-Fi
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    My Ipad is very spotty it will work on one public wifi like Mc Donalds then across town at another location of Mc Donalds it won't. I know this isn't fixing your problem but I am just FYI you are not alone with the Ipad and public wifi.
  • Eric
    Eric Member
    edited February 2020
    Hey Doug it’s Eric. Thanks for your help I appreciate it. To make a very long story short I found out Comcast **** up my port forwarding everything works great now thank you.
  • Eric
    Eric Member
    edited February 2020
    Didn’t notice both of these together but Michael thank you for your help also. As you can see in the message Comcast **** up my Port forwarding everything great now.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    interesting I also have Comcast I wonder now about my service hi hi ........... But like I said some places it seems to work others it doesn't on the Ipad or LT so who knows. I don't operate a lot from a WAN but if I also keep having issues I will contact Comcast thanks for the headsup sir

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.