Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is it possible to associate an antenna/receiver input to each band?

Jeremy - W2JG
Jeremy - W2JG Member
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is it possible to associate an antenna/receiver input with a band?  As I change frequencies/band either manually or through a memory channel select, it appears I also have to select the receive input as well.  Am I missing a setup step or do I have to select the antenna/receiver input each time?  It sure would be nice to have the selection part of the memory file.

Thank you for your assistance!

Jeremy
W2JG

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    What radio and version of SmartSDR are you using?
  • Jeremy - W2JG
    Jeremy - W2JG Member
    edited February 2020
    I am running the latest version 3 on a 6700.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for the info.  There are a few ways to do this.  Band persistence which is operating all the time will remember the slice and antenna configuration when you return to the band using the band button to change bands.  However, since band persistence is dynamic it can get overwritten and might not be 100% reproducible.

One other option, and it is the one I use because it is 100% reproducible is to define global profiles for the bands and antenna configuration you want to use. For example, I have an HF antenna on ANT-1 and a 6m beam on ANT-2. 

I have 4 global profiles defined. One is for 6m (ANT-2) without using an amp (100W RF power setting) and one for 6m when I use the amp (25W RF power setting).  I have the same pair defined for HF that uses ANT-1.
  • Jeremy - W2JG
    Jeremy - W2JG Member
    edited February 2020
    Thanks!

I did not see the Band Persistence doing what you mentioned, but I could be wrong.  I use the Receive B input for 2m and Receive A for the 70cm band. 

Just checking, the Global Profiles have to be swapped manually and are not changed when the band is changed, correct?

It would be great if the antenna input could be added to the memory file in the future.  That would make for quick channel changes.

Thanks Again!

Jeremy
    W2JG

• Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2020
    Just checking, the Global Profiles have to be swapped manually and are not changed when the band is changed, correct?

Yes.
  • Jeremy - W2JG
    Jeremy - W2JG Member
    edited February 2020
    Ok, thanks!  This closes my question.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.